Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot log in

LeanTony
Follower

Cannot log in

RBR 850 router with two satellites.

Wifi working fine, but I cannot log into the Orbi app on my phone or tablet, nor can I log in with a desktop Mac.  When I attempt to log in I'm told the router is offline, which it is not since the wifi working on my home network.  I've deleted app and reinstalled, rebooted multiple times, etc. to no avail.

Must I do a new system set up?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cannot log in

Message 2 of 6
nettosushin
Aspirant

I have the same problem, even when directly connected to the route without wifi.

Message 3 of 6
MB_Love
Apprentice

Tons of us have same issue. Netgear pushed a bad update, now it says our routers are offline and can’t connect via any method, on any device despite being on Orbi WIFI. It’s horrible, and I think only solution is factory reset. Don’t bother with all these crazy it’s because of apple replies- this is because of a bad firmware.
Message 4 of 6
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

This has nothing to do with Apple. Exact same problem using a Dell running Windows 11. There is absolutely no way to access your router, whether it’s thru the app or the internet. Units work but no interface! 
Netgear has got to get off their duff and fix this issue with a new forced firmware. I have never seen such a poor customer service! Asus may become my next Router as my $800 Orbi system is crap!

Message 5 of 6

Absolutely correct. And I would agree that most likely this also broke netgear's connection, so we're probably all going to have to factory reset. That really sucks. Awful, bush league level of support. Who rolls out of firmware update without testing it thoroughly? Netgear.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7