Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot login to orbi iPhone app

Ezappp
Tutor

Cannot login to orbi iPhone app

I cannot login to iPhone app for remote management. I keep getting “an error has occurred. Please try again”

I have reset my password 5 times. Login works fine on website. Very frustrating.
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
ltlam
Guide

Okay guys,  I don't know if this can solve the problem or not, but it solved mine.  In my case I've change my cell phone few months ago(iphone -> iphone).  So my cure is re-install the app(totally delete it and install it again), and when you first login in to the app with your user name and password, it willprompt that you were using a (previous) phone and the app will send prompt to your previous phone for authorization, and after you authorize your new phone, you can now login with your netgear password normally.  Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 14

All Replies
ltlam
Guide

I am having the same problem too, have been change the password for 3 times but it still doesn't work.

Message 2 of 14
Mightythias
Aspirant

I am having the same issue! Is there a solution yet? this is very frustrating

Message 3 of 14
ISnapPlastic
Aspirant

I too am having this issue. I attempted resting my password, tried on a different device, and emptied my browsing data. No dice! What’s odd is that if I enter a wrong password it recognizes that it’s incoreect but if I use the correct password I get the generic error occurred message. So it knows the password is right just doesn’t let you in?
Message 4 of 14
ltlam
Guide

Yea, it is a really strange bug, how come there is only a few ppl having this issue?

Message 5 of 14
gbgallant
Initiate

Were yoy ever able to correct this issue?  I am having it as well.

Message 6 of 14
gregorywelch
Guide

Same problem. I wondered if it might be a password character or length issue. The password guielines I found specified the set of valid symbols ( !@#$%^&*() ), said must be at least 6 characters long, but did not specify a maxium. I tried several passwors to no effect. So perhaps the latest iPhone app release is just broken....

Message 7 of 14
jyates15
Guide

Same issue.  Does Netgear monitor these forums...

Message 8 of 14
ltlam
Guide

Okay guys,  I don't know if this can solve the problem or not, but it solved mine.  In my case I've change my cell phone few months ago(iphone -> iphone).  So my cure is re-install the app(totally delete it and install it again), and when you first login in to the app with your user name and password, it willprompt that you were using a (previous) phone and the app will send prompt to your previous phone for authorization, and after you authorize your new phone, you can now login with your netgear password normally.  Hope this helps

Message 9 of 14
LilBigfoot
Initiate

I have the same problem. Cannot connect to the app on iPhone 6s. I've tried every possible password I use, and user names, etc. I'm afraid I've   really messed up my chances of connecting now. When I use the serial number for password recovery, I get a personal question about my sisters name. I don't have any sisters. Somewhere I read that you need to connect a unit to a computer with a hard wire and set the unit back to factory settings and start over with an install. Any thoughts on this.

Message 10 of 14
Ezappp
Tutor

Thanks! Deleted app and reinstalled. This worked.
Message 11 of 14
ltlam
Guide

Glad to hear that!

Message 12 of 14
gregorywelch
Guide

Re-installing fixed it for me!  I'm embarassed that I didn't think of that. Yay—thanks!

Message 13 of 14
ltlam
Guide

honestly it's too easy to change phones now, one click and the software will transfer all the data and apps to your new phone, think that's why no one think of re-installing the app.  It's just basic skill back in the Windows time 😉

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 31 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7