Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Device Manager error CDIL-API-FAIL (RBR750) Different solution

Theobuck
Apprentice

Device Manager error CDIL-API-FAIL (RBR750) Different solution

I have been having this problem for months.
I had a case opened with gearhead support, since May 5th.
After Firmware upgrades, rebooting, factory resets, and a painful process of getting log files plus settings, it was found that a device on the network was causing an ‘invalid payload.’ The name had characters vs. lettering.
I figured out the actual device name and changed it in Access Control. All devices magically appeared. I also rebooted the network. I am monitoring the router but so far so good.

So look For names With boxes Or quote marks.

I am posting this as an FYI, and there wasn't any way to reply to the other solved threads.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Theobuck
Apprentice

I am monitoring and will hold off on updating the firmware for a week or two. Side note I didn't give the devices the character name. I am on V4.6.9.9

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Where exactly are you seeing this error message? 

What platform are you using?

@Theobuck wrote:
I have been having this problem for months.
I had a case opened with gearhead support, since May 5th.
After Firmware upgrades, rebooting, factory resets, and a painful process of getting log files plus settings, it was found that a device on the network was causing an ‘invalid payload.’ The name had characters vs. lettering.
I figured out the actual device name and changed it in Access Control. All devices magically appeared. I also rebooted the network. I am monitoring the router but so far so good.

So look For names With boxes Or quote marks.

I am posting this as an FYI, and there wasn't any way to reply to the other solved threads.

Message 2 of 5
Theobuck
Apprentice

IOS in the Orbi app under Device Manager. On the web interface, I had no error message, but the list was blank
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Glad you figured it out. 

Message 4 of 5
Theobuck
Apprentice

I am monitoring and will hold off on updating the firmware for a week or two. Side note I didn't give the devices the character name. I am on V4.6.9.9
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7