Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disconnected from ORBI

Bairdy
Follower

Disconnected from ORBI

Hi All,

I turned off access to a device on my orbi app on the phone that I used to set it all up I accidentally disconnected my phone and now I can not reconnect. I reinstalled the app on my S10 and I can connect to the network in the connection settings of my phone without internet connection however the app can not connect. all other devices are on the network.

Anyone know what I can do?

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Disconnected from ORBI

@Bairdy wrote:

I accidentally disconnected my phone and now I can not reconnect. I reinstalled the app on my S10 and I can connect to the network

Hmmm. When I deliberately attempted to "Pause" the smartphone running the Orbi app, there was no Pause slider next to it.  (The app's way of saying, "This is stupid. If you turn off this device access, then you can no longer manage the router.")

Anyway, if you indeed managed to Pause access on the phone, you need a different device to 'unpause' it.  Load the Orbi app on a different smartphone or tablet, log in and unpause your phone.  Or, log into the router web management, navigate to Advanced Menu, Security, Access Control and allow the device. I personally see so many complaints about Access Control that I have disabled it on my router.  If someone can guess my 25 character WiFi password, they are welcome to pirate my service!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7