Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I can no longer get to Orbi login page. MODEL RBR40

TonyDee3
Follower

I can no longer get to Orbi login page. MODEL RBR40

My model is the RBR40 but for some reason it doesn't come up in the Model drop-down list.

Anyway, I can no longer access my router login page to check settings. I get prompted for two security questions that I answer correctly but it ends up looping back to the questions page again. I've read the various help pages and suggestions , Youtube videos and nothing works. Is it possible my model is obsolete ? it's RBR40 and it's no longer listed as a Netgear product. I purchased it only two years ago.  

Forgot to mention, I'm trying to access from my Macbook Pro.

Thanks

TonyDee

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
JenniferY
Tutor

Same, mine is only a year old. I am pretty pissed, tbh.

Message 2 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried another web browser?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 10
svicini
Initiate

Same problem here, finally used my router password and it worked momentarily to log me into the app. Then I reopened it two minutes later and now it is prompting me to log into a "Netgear - One Account. Any App." login screen. None of my passwords work, neither does a password reset.

It keeps saying "an error has occurred. Try Again."

Extremely frustrating an inexcusable to have such basic problems for an app.

Message 4 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @TonyDee3 and @JenniferY

How do you access the Orbi login page? Is it via Orbi App or web browser? 

If it is an Orbi app, kindly provide the Orbi App version. Please make sure that you have the latest app version installed. 

If you are accessing it via web browser, have you tried another Web browser as what DarrenM suggested? Kindly tell us the web browsers you have tried. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @svicini

Can you still access the router settings page via browser? Newer firmware requires a criteria for admin password. The new password requirements for an admin password are:
No more than two like continuous characters
1 Upper Case
1 Lower Case
1 Number
1 Special Character

With your current password, does it meet the requirements? If not, please access the router settings page via browser and change the password.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 6 of 10
JenniferY
Tutor

No, I cannot log in via webpage or via app for my $400 product. And I can’t access help service unless I pay another $140. Not happening. What will happen is when this router dies I will buy another product from literally any other maker. You have absolutely lost any further business from me. I advise everyone in my family and my husband’s family for that matter, on what to buy for tech. Guess what I won’t be recommending? I bet you can figure it out.

And I would change my password, but it’s asking security questions that I never answered. My oldest sister’s name? Don’t have one. So, as you can imaging, there is no way I would have picked that question. Wtf.

Message 7 of 10
JenniferY
Tutor

Uninstalled and reinstalled app, so version is not the issue. Have tried both safari and google chrome. 

Message 8 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JenniferY

Please reset your router back to factory default settings. Follow the setup wizard and take note all security information for safe keeping. The links below may help you out: 

How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings
https://kb.netgear.com/31486/

How do I set up my Orbi router and satellite?
https://kb.netgear.com/31017/

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 9 of 10
sonyasen
Aspirant

In my case, the first recovery question was "what is your oldest brother's first name?" 

I am an only child.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7