Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: IOS APP Speed test does not work & phone is now showing as satellite.

CarisaW
Aspirant

IOS APP Speed test does not work & phone is now showing as satellite.

Any suggestions on how to fix the speed test in the iOS app? I get a Connection Failed message whenever I try to run. I tried resetting Orbi to factory setting, rebooting many times, deleting and reinstalling app, turning off the security and chatting with support where she had me shake the app to report the bug.

Today I swapped out old Cox modem for Panoramic...still not working. I have the Orbi model RBR850. Everything else seems to be working.

I did notice today after the firmware and new modem my iPhone is now showing as a satellite...I don't think this is related to the speed test, but another issue with the app.

It's frustrating because this system was a little pricey and frustrating that app is not working!

Message 1 of 18
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi CarisaW,

May you provide us with the current firmware version your router is on and the current Orbi app version you have installed.

Thank you,

Christian 

Message 2 of 18
CarisaW
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

The app version is iOS 2.6.2.9 and firmware is V3.2.16.6.

Just tried the speed test and still doesn't work and my phone is still showing on the network map as a satellite.

Message 3 of 18
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

I am having the same problem with the speed test on the iOS app.  It worked when I first installed the Orbi (RBR750), but after about a week stopped working (about a week ago) I got the same connection error you report.  I have been through all of the same steps to try to correct it, including contact with NETGEAR.  No luck yet.

Message 4 of 18
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Fritzsche0529, 

Has support been able to get in touch with you regarding your issue?

Christian 

Message 5 of 18
CarisaW
Aspirant

No contact from support on this issue.
Message 6 of 18
BiGMERF
Apprentice

alot of people are having the same issue. including myself... your not alone...

Message 7 of 18
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

I have had contact with Netgear and was unable to resolve the problem.  They have escalated the problem (to experts?) but I have not had the time to contact them (they reached out, so this is not on them).  It is hard to find a time when I can take down WiFi to work through possible solutions.  The WiFi itself is fantastic...I just want the SpeedTest to work.  I'll follow up with a post if I can get this fixed.

Message 8 of 18
BiGMERF
Apprentice

Yea they told me the same thing. Escalated it. Is it true ? Idk
Message 9 of 18
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

Well, they contacted me to schedule a time to discuss my problem...but I have had limited availability. They have been trying. But whether they can solve the problem is another issue entirely. We’ll see.
Message 10 of 18
tuxbox78
Aspirant

Hi, same here as of the latest app update for ios 14 the speedtest

won't work anymore. Always tells internet would not be working,

but it is and also webfrontend tells internet: good.

Having RBR850 with very latest firmware running.

Message 11 of 18
BiGMERF
Apprentice

since I was in my initial 30 days and my system was acting foolish.. I swapped it for another.  

With my past system the speed test had all of a sudden gone out. It had happened before the iOS 14 update.  

with this new system it is working on both my iPad and iPhone running iOS 14, so it can't be that.  

if it all of a sudden goes on this system after working a few days... then it has to be something triggered 

Message 12 of 18
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

Yes, I agree that the iOS 14 is not the problem because the problem existed prior to the iOS release. I was actually hoping it would fix the problem but it didn’t. I have a feeling you’re right about the delay issue. Mine worked for over a week then stopped. Hopefully you have better luck with your new system.
Message 13 of 18
CarisaW
Aspirant

I too thought iOS update would have fixed. I thought it might have been related to Armor as the security trial was added a few days after I set up my system. It was after I started the trail that the speed test stopped working. That is when I reset to factory default and attempted to start from scratch. It was after iOS update that my phone and now my Mac is showing as a satellite.
Message 14 of 18
Bamadude
Aspirant

Re: IOS APP Speed test does not work - RBR850 with 1 satellite

Having same problem. It is NOT  an iOS 14 issue. I tested it on iOS 13.7 after I kept getting the message (even after reboot). This is most likely a bug in the latest router firmware. Not a big deal for me, just a little aggrevating.

Message 15 of 18
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

I was finally able to speak to a Netgear support rep, Rose. The delay was from my end, not theirs. She performed a factory reset remotely on my router, and I went through the steps to set up a new router. The reset was initiated from within the router web page (I don’t know exactly where on the page the reset was accessible since I was not doing it, but to be clear, it was not via the app). I had reset and unplugged the router multiple times before, but I may not have performed a “factory reset”. After the router had restarted and I finished the installation process, the SpeedTest via the app worked. Considering that the app worked for me previously and then stopped, much like what has happened to most of you who have posted here, I’m cautiously optimistic that this is a permanent fix. But I have to say that Rose was great and I’m back in business...at least for now.
Message 16 of 18
BiGMERF
Apprentice

I've had my new system since the 21st after returning the previous one due to a few issues including the Speed test.  So far so good, buts only been four days.  Last time it went out at day 5

Message 17 of 18
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Fritzsche0529,

Thanks for sharing your support experience with our support agent, Rose and the steps to remedy the issue for you. For those still experiencing issues, please perform a factory reset and run through the setup assistant again.

Christian 

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7