Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IOS app not showing updated RBS20 info and constant magenta after resync

wongmich
Aspirant

IOS app not showing updated RBS20 info and constant magenta after resync

I had to reboot my RBR20 after a power loss for the router only. Since the 2 satellites now show magenta dot per the IOS app's network map, I resync them. After resync the two existing satellites (RBS20), they still show offline in the network map on the app even tho they are resync and reconnected (solid blue light) and working properly (confirmed by web interface.) One of the satellite's IP is changed as a result of the resync, but the network map is still showing the stale old IP address (magenta and offline).

Even pulling down on the network map (which it does the circling and is supposed to do a refresh) does not update the status. It seems like the network map just "remembers" the stale satellites info and wont refresh/update

I want to use the app esp the network map as it shows me which satellites my devices are connected to. The web interface does not give me that details and it is easier to control the Orbi thru the app than the web interface.

How do I get the app to "refresh" the network map so it recognizes the "updated parameter' for the 2 satellites and the real connections status instead of a stale info ?

This is using IOS 14.2 on iphone XR, latest Orbi app for IOS.

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: IOS app not showing updated RBS20 info and constant magenta after resync

Hi wongmich,

Have you had a moment to reinstall the Orbi app? 

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
wongmich
Aspirant

Re: IOS app not showing updated RBS20 info and constant magenta after resync

Reinstalling the IOS app makes no diff. However when I update the firmware to 36 and 38 respectively from 16, it kind of wakes up the app and it now correctly reads the new parameter for both the base and satellites.

I was one step away from factory reset everything and glad I did not have to do that.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7