Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Just Updated the Orbi App on my iPhone and now I can't use the Orbi App. Won't let me sign to a

nfur
Follower

Just Updated the Orbi App on my iPhone and now I can't use the Orbi App. Won't let me sign to anyth

Message 1 of 29

Accepted Solutions
Trojo
Aspirant

Re: Just Updated the Orbi App on my iPhone and now I can't use the Orbi App. Won't let me sign to a

I had exactly the same behavior on my iPad yesterday, tried everything (delete app, reinstall, clicked/tapped the links like crazy and so on) but today it worked...I had to click on the sign in link a few times and then the page showed up.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 29

All Replies
joepke-m
Tutor

Same here, can’t login to my existing account
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 29
Hawkeye18
Initiate

Same problem with ios app.  It takes me to sign-on page & whether you click on "existing account" sign-on or "create account" one of two things happens:  either nothing happens, or after several attempts get a blank white page.

Uninstalled & reinstalled, rebooted.  No success.

iOS 14.01

Netgear Orbi App V 2.6.7.0

Mac OS 10.15.7

Netgear firmware V2.5.2.4

Netgear Orbi IMG_0803.pngIMG_0804.pngFirmware V 2.5.2.4

Message 3 of 29
joepke-m
Tutor

On iPadOS it is still working after the update. But in iOS it isn’t. Also after clicking “Create new account” nothing happens
Message 4 of 29
Hawkeye18
Initiate

After deleting the app & rebooting, app still shows in ios library, but unable to open.

Message 5 of 29
repmeer
Initiate

Same problem here.

Message 6 of 29
Trojo
Aspirant

Works on my iphone with iOS 14.1 but not on my iPad (ipadOS 14.1)

Message 7 of 29
Kazza_
Aspirant

Same here. If you drag the blank page from the corners into the middle of the screen with your fingers the login page can be seen but not accessed

Message 8 of 29
fontygal
Guide

I have the same problem: Orbi app on both the ipad and the iphone do not allow me to sign into an existing netgear account, nor create a new account. The links simply cause a brief spinning icon to appear, and then nothing. And thus you cannot go any further into the App.

- I did not have the older Orbi App, as I just installed the RBK853 mesh, which is otherwise working fine. It's just impossible to access it with the App (accessing the router via a browser works)

It is probably a bug with the App update that was launched yesterday.

Message 9 of 29
joepke-m
Tutor

I just deleted my cookies on my iPhone and tried again to login in the Orbi app. It now works!

Maybe this is also the solution for others having this issue?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 10 of 29
Trojo
Aspirant

I had exactly the same behavior on my iPad yesterday, tried everything (delete app, reinstall, clicked/tapped the links like crazy and so on) but today it worked...I had to click on the sign in link a few times and then the page showed up.

Message 11 of 29
mrstucci1972
Tutor

Thanks for the tip but it sounds like a bug to me. Hope they fix it! 

Message 12 of 29
fmalloy
Luminary

I'm having a different problem - it doesn't ask me to login (I'm already signed in) but it's stuck on "Detecting Product" then "Issues connecting with (my WiFi network name)"

"Connect VIa Anywhere Access" works. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 13 of 29
repmeer
Initiate

Bug isn't fixesd yet. App is still not working. Slow response from Netgear

Message 14 of 29
deVos_NL
Aspirant

This is NOT SOLVED. Still not working. Please fix the app asap.
Message 15 of 29
Srharris
Tutor

I’m having exactly the same problem. Current version works fine on latest iPadOS, but not on latest iOS. Old version of the app on my other iPhone running the latest iOS works fine too. Just not on my current one at 2.6.7.0 😞
Message 16 of 29
fmalloy
Luminary

I learned that for my case, if you have a Netgear Nighthawk app on your iOS device, delete the app. Then I was able to access my network again.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 17 of 29
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Orbi AX Users, 

If your still experiencing issues with your Orbi app connecting to your router. May you send me a private message with the following info.

Orbi Model:

Orbi Firmware Version:

Serial Number:

Orbi App Version: (please also specify if you're on iOS or Android) 

iOS Software Version: (if applicable) 

And please let me know if you have the Nighthawk app installed on the same mobile device and if deleting the Nighthawk app helps. 

Thank you,

Christian

Message 18 of 29
Srharris
Tutor

Done

Message 19 of 29
Srharris
Tutor

Don’t know why I didn’t think to try this before, but disconnecting from WiFi and switching to 5G, the login box works. Login, connect over Remote Access and now I can access it over WiFi.

Don’t know why it’s worked, but it’s cleared the immediate issue!
Message 20 of 29
skeelo
Luminary

I think I have it figured out - at least this is what worked on my device (iPhone 10, software version 14.1):

1. Delete any and all Netgear apps - I had the Orbi app (home system) and Nighthawk app (cabin system)

2. Download the Orbi app from app store

3. Open app from device, NOT from app store

4. Follow prompts (e.g., allow network access, allow location access, etc.)

5. Sign in - interestingly the old sign in (email address and Netgear password) no longer works, I had to sign in with the admin account information and password as if I was logging in from my computer's web browser

Once signed in you should have access to all the same features as you did previously.  My guess with the iOS14.x upgrades there are some changes to security that are creating these issues.

Message 21 of 29
mlg1017
Aspirant

Hi. I'm running a CBR40 with firmwear V2.5.0.14_1.0.8 on a 2020 iMAC 10.15.7.

Have tried MULTIPLE times to log into the Netgear App on my iPhone (iPhone X running iOS14.2).  I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, created a new password on the web version and still cannot log into the App.  Keeps saying that it doesn't recognize the device, and it's sending an authorization code, which I never receive.  PDF of screen captures attached as reference.

Would apprecaite some help and/or support, becuse this app is useless otherwise...

Thanks

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 22 of 29
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello skeelo, 

May you provide the current Orbi app version that is installed on your iOS device? 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 23 of 29
mlg1017
Aspirant

Hi-

I have the most current version on the App store - 2.6.7.0

Thanks.

Michael (mlg1017)
Message 24 of 29
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Orbi App Users, 

If you're still experiencing issue with accessing your Orbi app. Please follow the steps below. 

1. Check if there is a firmware update available for your Orbi units. If so, please update. 

2. Update to the latest iOS version, iOS 14.2.

3. Enable local network access (refer to article below)

https://kb.netgear.com/000062315/Why-am-I-being-asked-to-let-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-app-connect-to-de...

4. Delete and reinstall the Orbi app (latest Orbi app version is 2.7.0.28 as of 11/11/2020)

5. Reboot your iOS device

Please let me know if your issue persists. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 25 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7