Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest update not showing router image

Timothy88
Luminary

Latest update not showing router image

Router image not showing on main or firmware update screen in latest update (V2.15.1.2)

I submitted a bug. Amazing how this could get through testing.

Message 1 of 46

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

@Timothy88 did the new iOS Orbi app resolve your initial first post? 

Should now be at v2.16.0.286 for iOS.

View solution in original post

Message 39 of 46

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@Timothy88 wrote:

Router image not showing on main or firmware update screen in latest update (V2.15.1.2)

I submitted a bug. Amazing how this could get through testing.

Router image shows on my Android app V2.15.1.2104

Message 2 of 46
Donut950
Aspirant

Rif.: Latest update not showing router image

I have the same problem. My Orbi app for iOS is updated to version 2.15.1.2 and the router image is no longer visible on the main screen.
Message 3 of 46
Donut950
Aspirant

I downloaded the Orbi app on an Android phone and the router image is shown correctly.
I’m not sure, but I think it could be a bug in the Orbi app for iOS.
Message 4 of 46
Timothy88
Luminary

Well at least I'm not the only one. Where's the QA?  

And why can't we get landscape on an ipad?  

Software and QA do not seem to be a strong part for Netgear.  Seems like they throw stuff out and rely on the end user to do their testing.

Message 5 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you un-install the Orbi app and then re-install the app as others did to resolve this? 

What FW is loaded on your Orbi system? 

Message 6 of 46
Timothy88
Luminary

Of course I did, it's the first thing I did before even reporting it.  And why does firmware on the router matter when its the app that changed? The app shows the correct router and satellite RBR and RBS 750.  But for reference its version 4.6.5.14.  And after the last firmware debacle there's no way I'm updating firmware until there's proven stability and I don't see issues posted on the forum. 

Message 7 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

Well I can say for one that I have v.5 on my 7 series and don't see this problem on the orbi app. All prior versions of v4 FW were problematic and unstable. v.5 was given out to help bring in stability for Orbi AX users. That's one thing I check first after FW is loaded is accessibility and operation of Orbi app. Also others using same FW version have not mentioned this as well. I presume they would have if they saw something. 

Message 8 of 46
Timothy88
Luminary

I did not update to the latest version of the orbi app on my ipad and that is showing the image of the router like it always did.  I updated on my phone and 'poof' the router image disappeared.   Functionally it doesn't really matter but it doesn't instill a lot of confidence in Netgears abilty to update software and firmware and test it before it's released to the public. Both are running the latest versions of their respective iOS. 

Message 9 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

Well you'll need to try the v.5 version of FW or wait for something to officially release. 

Message 10 of 46
Timothy88
Luminary

I got notified for a firmware update but after the last firmware update debacle. Not a chance until it proves stable.

Can you explain why the app would not be backward compatible to the currently installed firmware? I'm sure the image that is displaying in the orbi app is not coming from the router.  

And what V5 are you talking about this is what shows as the latest release on Netgear's site.

RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.7.13

Message 11 of 46
Donut950
Aspirant

Rif.: Ultimo aggiornamento che non mostra l'immagine del router

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Orbi app but the router image still goes unseen. I have an Orbi RBR750 with firmware version 4.6.5.14 installed.
The network works great for now. I will wait for a new firmware update or Orbi app update to be released.
Message 12 of 46
Foden
Apprentice

Shows for me too, same version

Message 13 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

I someone I know if theres is working on v.13 on there 7 series and the image appears. 

Wire 2022-03-24 at 16-59-31.jpg

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

Message 14 of 46
Timothy88
Luminary

My guess is there will be an update to the Orbi app that will fix the missing router image.  Again not a big deal functionally just does not instill much confidence.  It just seems like every time Netgear rolls out and update they break something that they shouldn't have had to go near. Is their code that fragile?  And again why can't we get landscape on a tablet?  How long have tablets been out?

Message 15 of 46
Timothy88
Luminary

That doesn't look like an iOS device?  There are previous posts that indicate that it works on android and not ios

Message 16 of 46
Foden
Apprentice

That's Android

Message 17 of 46
Foden
Apprentice

I agree, but there are tons of apps that don't switch out there - this isn't unique 

Message 18 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok so you'll be happy to know that I reproduced this on my iphone 12 pro Max today. The home screen icon is missing and other images are incorrectly displayed with a Orbi AC picture. 

IMG_0890.PNGIMG_0891.PNGIMG_0892.PNG

As I did this I also reset the RBR and removed and re-installed the Orbi app in attempt to troubleshoot this. Now the Orbi app fails to connect at all to both of my 7 and 8 series Orbis. Fun Fun.

IMG_0897.PNGIMG_0894.PNGIMG_0896.PNG

I believe there was Orbi app updated since 2/22 when I had my 7 series online last. I would have seen this image issue then for sure so I believe something in Orbi app updates may be the cause. 

I have submitted two bugs regarding these two issues. 

Message 19 of 46
Timothy88
Luminary

I’m not happy that Netgear continues to release problematic software.

Message 20 of 46
Miguel_P
Tutor

Same here.
After last firmware update I had to reboot the router and satellites…. Several times.
iOS app doesn’t show router icon on main page. On the Network diagram it does show the imagem of a old router (RBR50?).
No icon problems on Android app.
It’s fantastic
Message 21 of 46
donawalt
Virtuoso

Also reported here

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-iOS-app-v-2-15-12-not-showing-router-image/td-p/22091... 

For me it's intermittent on an iPad and iPhone. Closing the app and restarting it brings it back for awhile. Also, you can tape where the image 'should be', and it still goes to the network map page.

Message 22 of 46
wifiblues
Luminary

Great to see this is happening to many others - 

i have shaken my phone many times to no avail or response from Netgear/Orbi - I am using the latest firmware.

Message 23 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. I have passed this onto NG for review. They know about. Please be patient. 

I recommend that you don't remove and re-install the app. I found that doing this, the app will no longer connect to the Orbi system. 

Message 24 of 46
Gudel2
Apprentice

Yep same here also, no router display 

Message 25 of 46
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 45 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements