Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Limit of 2 daisy chained satellites in Network screen of iOS App

Stevensa
Tutor

Limit of 2 daisy chained satellites in Network screen of iOS App

I have an RBR50 Router and 3 satellites daisy chained in the following sequence RBS50 -> RBW30 -RBW30. The 3rd Satellite does not show up in the Network page of the iOS App (version 2.3.7.6).

A few days ago, the two RBW30 satellites were connecting directly to the RBS50 satellite and at that time all 3 showed up fine.

But now that the network topogy changed to a full daisy chain model the last one is left out. It would be nice to fix this in future versions of the App. 

BTW, is it true that the Orbi system is limited to 3 satellites max? I read that somewhere. I'm within those limits but I'm just wondering. 🙂

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

I've read on the forums with people having up to 6x satellites on the 50 series of routers. I've ran 4 satellites without issue before but 2 of the 4 were hardwired in. Can't speak past that for my own experience as I only have 4 to test with. 

Message 2 of 4
Stevensa
Tutor

When the satellites are not all daisy chained they all show up fine (see attachment). In case it makes any difference, both RBR50 and RBS50 are on firmware V2.3.5.30 and both RBW30 are on V2.3.5.6.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Might be a display issue. Not sure as I'm not that great with the apps. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7