Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Log off ORBI App

mbarlow00
Tutor

Log off ORBI App

I’m intending to install several ORBI 6 systems in multiple locations. I haven’t seen a way to logo of the Orbi App on my iPhone so that I may log in as a different user via Connect Anywhere. How do you log off the App?
Message 1 of 15

@mbarlow00 wrote:
I haven’t seen a way to logo of the Orbi App on my iPhone so that I may log in as a different user via Connect Anywhere.

With "Anywhere" (aka "Remote") access you do not need to log off.

You can link each device to the account you use for Anywhere access. Then just switch between them within the app.

At least, that is how I do things in Android.

How do I enable or disable Anywhere Access on my router using the Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR ...

How do I enable or disable Anywhere Access on my Orbi router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 15
mbarlow00
Tutor

I’ll be installing Orbi’s at multiple clients. Each client will have a different user/password created at setup. Don’t see how this would work as you described. Thank you.
Message 3 of 15

Read the details I provided.

You have to set up Remote Management (Anywhere Access) on the routers. All of them.

When you have done that you are using an intermediary to "tunnel into" the router. You don't feed it a password for the router. You use a password for the tunnel and that then provides you with a list of routers that you can access.

Of course, this depends on being able to use the same email address and access details for all of the Orbi devices you want to control.

The clue is in the name Remote Management. (Heaven only knows why they changed the name.) Remote means from a distance. Do you can get at several devices down the same tunnel.

Try it.

Message 4 of 15
mbarlow00
Tutor

Thank you. I do understand remote access. I think you confirmed my issue. Each router will require the same login credentials. Since these are disparate client setups it would be inappropriate to give all the routers the same credentials. Not sure how I’m going to remotely manage/monitor more than one client install from the same iPhone.
Message 5 of 15

@mbarlow00 wrote:
Since these are disparate client setups it would be inappropriate to give all the routers the same credentials.

That did occur to me.

@mbarlow00 wrote:
Not sure how I’m going to remotely manage/monitor more than one client install from the same iPhone.

Without multiple installations, that does seem hard.

Having said that, I suspect that you are asking for a "business grade" feature from consumer devices.

Message 6 of 15
mbarlow00
Tutor

Thanks. Not sure I would consider this a business grade requirement. More and more families require something like the Orbi mesh environment. Not all families feel comfortable purchasing, setting up, and troubleshooting. Having a 3rd party helping them remotely would not classify the product as business grade. I’m hoping Netgear will provide a simple method of switching systems from the app
Message 7 of 15
clinteazthood
Initiate

@mbarlow00 I feel ya on this dilema. I'm in the same boat and not sure what to do. I have Orbi setup at my spot, parents house and in-law-house in another state. Each have their own Netgear account. Wish I could easily logout of one account and into the other. Person responding to you wasn't understanding your isse at all. I can Remote Manage my personal Obri setup at home and office if not on the network no problem. But I need to Remote Manage other accounts that are not my own. Lame if this is a buisness feature you have to pay extra for. 

Message 8 of 15
malincal
Initiate

Just found this thread.  Netgear doesn't understand that Network Technicians support multiple clients.  Not all users feel comfortable installing their own equipment and rely on 3 party providers.  Without a way to manage them remotely, this product is not a system that I can install and maintain.  Even the case listed above of a guy supporting his parents and inlaws is a valid and typical usage model.

Eero has a Pro Interface that allows me to install and manage hundreds of installations.  I'll have to stick with their network gear.  They seem to understand their customers.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 15
Cognomen
Tutor

My issue exactly. I have a friend in the village with an Orbi I set up. I can get to him easily by foot but not when I am out of the village. I also have a relation with an Orbi system 80 miles away and there is no way I can support them easily other than remote access. It is not an enterprise issue, the need is for a domestic version of TeamViewer for the Orbi.

Message 10 of 15
CrimpOn
Guru

@mbarlow00 wrote:
Thank you. I do understand remote access. I think you confirmed my issue. Each router will require the same login credentials. Since these are disparate client setups it would be inappropriate to give all the routers the same credentials. Not sure how I’m going to remotely manage/monitor more than one client install from the same iPhone.

Is the requirement for both you and the client to have Anywhere Access using the Orbi 'app' to each of the Orbi systems?

i.e. Each client can access their Orbi using the Orbi 'app' and you can access all of them?

If the requirement is only for you to access all of the Orbi systems (but not the clients), then the Orbi routers do not have to have the same credentials.  Each of them can have web access credentials of "admin" and (a unique password).

This is probably "just me", but I find the Orbi 'app' almost useless as a support tool.  It provides no access to 90% of the Orbi features.

Want to change DNS servers? Nope.

Want to change the DHCP range? Nope.

Want to reserve IP's for certain devices? Nope.

Want to forward ports? Nope.

Want to look at Orbi log? Nope.

Want to save a copy of the Orbi config? Nope.

Remote Access set up using the Orbi Advanced Setup Menu will provide you with web access to the entire Orbi admin interface.

Each of the systems can have unique credentials (as long as you know what they are).

And, OpenVPN will provide web access to the entire Orbi admin interface with each Orbi system being unique.

Message 11 of 15
Olani_98
Aspirant

Old thread but I figured it out. You have to delete the app off your phone, then reinstall it.
Model: SRK60B05|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 12 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Is this in regards to Orbi app or Insight app? 

@Olani_98 wrote:
Old thread but I figured it out. You have to delete the app off your phone, then reinstall it.

Message 13 of 15
Olani_98
Aspirant

orbi app
Message 14 of 15
kingtom
Tutor

@mbarlow00 wrote:
Thanks. Not sure I would consider this a business grade requirement. More and more families require something like the Orbi mesh environment. Not all families feel comfortable purchasing, setting up, and troubleshooting. Having a 3rd party helping them remotely would not classify the product as business grade. I’m hoping Netgear will provide a simple method of switching systems from the app

I hope so.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7