Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My NetGear Orbi keeps giving me User Name of Admin (can't change) and wants a password?

Dav12
Follower

My NetGear Orbi keeps giving me User Name of Admin (can't change) and wants a password?

My password doesn't work and I can't get past this screen, anyone have a solution to this issue?

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: My NetGear Orbi keeps giving me User Name of Admin (can't change) and wants a password?

@Dav12 wrote:

My password doesn't work and I can't get past this screen, anyone have a solution to this issue?

It would help to see which screen this is.  On the Orbi web interface?  On the Orbi 'app'?

Yes, the Orbi web interface has a fixed user name (admin) which cannot be changed and a password.

When the Orbi came "out of the box" (or when the Orbi has been Factory Reset) the password is "password", and the user is urged to change it to something more secure.  If you cannot remember what the password was changed to, then get out a paperclip and do a Factory Reset https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

The Orbi app uses the MyNetgear login (email address and password) It annoys me a lot that when the Orbi app wants me to log in, it helpfully fills in "admin" for the app user name and I have to delete that and put in the email address.  Also, no matter how many times I do that, my smart phone seems to remember an email that I used over a year ago, rather than the one I used last week. (sigh)

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7