Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Mysterious Ethernet showing up on Orbi App

Wrntdr
Aspirant

Mysterious Ethernet showing up on Orbi App

I'm in AP mode (with 2 satellites) connecting to my Virgin Media Superhub 3 (Wifi Off) via Ethernet to the Orbi RBR50 (for WiFi).

I've included a screenshot and it states the default gateway 192.168.0.1 is connected with the Mac address of my Virgin Media Superhub3. But also a second connection at 192.168.100.1 with the same Mac address except the last two numbers. But physically there's only one ethernet connection on my Orbi RBR50

So what is this mysteriously similar second Ethernet connection at 192.168.100.1? I've tried typing the address it brings nothing. I thought it might be the Ipv6 DHCP cause the 192.168.0.1 is Ipv4?

I can't find the settings to turn off Ipv6 on my Superhub. But as long as it's just the Ipv6 DHCP I'm not spooked. Otherwise I'm very spooked as to what this second connection that's showing up is?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Wrntdr
Aspirant

bump
Message 2 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Wrntdr, 

Welcome to the community! Do you happen to see the same ethernet connection when checking through the Orbi's web interface? 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 3 of 5
Wrntdr
Aspirant

There is no web interface afaik when in Access point mode
Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Wrntdr, 

May you gather the Orbi's IP address from the main network to access the admin page. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7