Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi App on iOS

Bryan_A
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi App on iOS

Info: Netgear Orbi App running on my iPhone

In the Orbi App - Armor Security tab page - My Devices

I clicked the "Remove" device link for an iPad

That iPad no longer appears in the list of Armor devices (But it does still appear as a connected device on the Orbi Router - Device manager)

How can I restore the device so that it appears in the Armor security list of devices ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Bryan_A
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Orbi App on iOS

In the Orbi App - Security - Armor

I clicked the button to install protection on another device, it sent an email with the relevant link which I used on the iPad

After the iOS App: "Bitdefender for NETGEAR Armor" had been installed, the iPad appeared in the list of devices in the Armor app (and in the web browser Armor app) It shows that Bitdefender local protection is installed (with the red bitdefender icon)

However, when clicking on the device in the Armor app, the iPad's MAC address is shown as N/A (See attached image)

So I stand by my previous assumption that the Armor (cloud) account somehow keeps a record of "removed" devices using the MAC address as a filter.

This is a method to get a removed device back into the Armor device list, but I don't think the Armor user interface is as good as it should be.

There are many things missing, for example:

• Display "removed" devices
  • Whitelist blocked files/URLs - when a safe iutem is blocked by Armor
  • Include an option to submit a file/URL for review by Bitdefender NETGEAR Armor team - i.e. A link to: https://www.bitdefender.com/submit/

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bryan_A, welcome to the community! You can disconnect the device from the network and have it reconnected. That should prompt the Armor feature that a new device was connected. Let me know how that goes.

Dexter

Message 2 of 5
Bryan_A
Aspirant

@DexterJB thanks for the help. On the iPad I did go into settings - WiFi - Forget this Orbi WiFi connection.

Then I reconnected, enterring the WiFi key again. That did not make the iPad reappear in the Armor new device list.

Note, the Armor web (browser) interface also does not show the iPad.

I suspect that the Armor (cloud) account stores a list of devices, using the MAC address, the database may include a flag identifying "removed" devices.

Thus, I suspect an option needs to be provided which allows me to view the list of removed devices, to allow me to delete that "removed" flag. I do not believe this feature has been provided by the Armor development team. But I am only guessing, because I am new to this Armor software.

Do the Armor development team get involved on this forum ? Or do I need to raise a support ticket to check how this works ?

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bryan_A, I've sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 4 of 5
Bryan_A
Aspirant

In the Orbi App - Security - Armor

I clicked the button to install protection on another device, it sent an email with the relevant link which I used on the iPad

After the iOS App: "Bitdefender for NETGEAR Armor" had been installed, the iPad appeared in the list of devices in the Armor app (and in the web browser Armor app) It shows that Bitdefender local protection is installed (with the red bitdefender icon)

However, when clicking on the device in the Armor app, the iPad's MAC address is shown as N/A (See attached image)

So I stand by my previous assumption that the Armor (cloud) account somehow keeps a record of "removed" devices using the MAC address as a filter.

This is a method to get a removed device back into the Armor device list, but I don't think the Armor user interface is as good as it should be.

There are many things missing, for example:

• Display "removed" devices
  • Whitelist blocked files/URLs - when a safe iutem is blocked by Armor
  • Include an option to submit a file/URL for review by Bitdefender NETGEAR Armor team - i.e. A link to: https://www.bitdefender.com/submit/

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7