Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi App

Changuro
Follower

Netgear Orbi App

The Orbi App does not like my password. When prompted to log into my router, it pre-fills the username with "admin" and has a password field. 

When I insert the password, it notes that it was unsuccessful. Do it a couple more times, then it tells me to wait before I try again. 

I go to my laptop and go to routerlogin.net then type the username and password, then it works. No issues. 

I thought it was because I ended my password with the open parenthesis key "(" . I change the passcode to not end with that special character and it still had the issues. 

I change my passcode and used the following special characters and it worked through the app: ! @ # $ % ^ & *

So, the issue is that the app does not like " ( " 

I propose that we right any special characters that work or do not in the reply to this message. I find it frustrating the solution to this problem supposedly was to unselect the "Remember me" button, which is incorrect. 

tldr; 

• Do not use the following special character in quotes "(" within your password
  • You can use !@#$%^&* 
  • This is not exaustive list of special characters.
  • List your replies with working and non-working special characters so that everyone else doesn't have the same problem with the Android Orbi App and password. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi App

@Changuro wrote:

The Orbi App does not like my password. When prompted to log into my router, it pre-fills the username with "admin" and has a password field. 

The Orbi "app" is a piece of work (and not in a good way).  Yes, it fills in the user name field with "admin", but that is not what it wants.

The app uses the Netgear account login information (email address and Netgear password) which are different than the Orbi web administration login credentials.

Can you try that?

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

p.s. Sometimes I get carried away and forget my manners.  It's pretty obvious that the trend is toward smartphone apps to do almost everything, and with fewer and fewer customers having computers (or even laptops), manufacturers have to provide smartphone apps to stay competitive.  There just seem to be so many posts expressing frustration with the Orbi app that I may not appreciate how many people are delighted with it.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

@Changuro wrote:

When I insert the password, it notes that it was unsuccessful. Do it a couple more times, then it tells me to wait before I try again. 

I go to my laptop and go to routerlogin.net then type the username and password, then it works. No issues. 

I thought it was because I ended my password with the open parenthesis key "(" . I change the passcode to not end with that special character and it still had the issues. 

I change my passcode and used the following special characters and it worked through the app: ! @ # $ % ^ & *

So, the issue is that the app does not like " ( " 

I propose that we right any special characters that work or do not in the reply to this message. I find it frustrating the solution to this problem supposedly was to unselect the "Remember me" button, which is incorrect. 

tldr; 

• Do not use the following special character in quotes "(" within your password
  • You can use !@#$%^&* 
  • This is not exaustive list of special characters.
  • List your replies with working and non-working special characters so that everyone else doesn't have the same problem with the Android Orbi App and password. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7