Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network Map UI changes often

MoaiRon
Aspirant

Network Map UI changes often

Orbi App v2.14.0.300 on iOS

When using the Network Map, I keep getting a different UI. Im not sure how I trigger the different versions.  When selecting the device tab one UI shows the devices listed by frequenct 2.4, 5, wired. it also has a pause toggle and you can expand and change dtails all from this list. I prefer this option.  Then most of the time I get UI number two which on the device tab I see the complete list of devices, not sorted by frequency and no pause toggle or exanding option, instead it takes you to a secondary page where you can do all that. It pretty much is the exact same list as seen in the device manager and bahves the same but only showing the connected devices to that particular RBR or RBS.  Can anyone help?

orbi v 4.6.7.13, RBR850

one RBR, one RBSNetwork map UI

Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

On the Android version of the Orbi app there are two ways to view the network:

1. Pressing on the box "Device Manager" brings up one list of all user devices on the network, divided by how they are connected.
    (2.4G first, then 5G, then Wired)  This list can be filtered and/or sorted using the funnel icon in the upper right.  This one brings up specifics of each device and has the Pause slider.
  2. Pressing on the picture of the router at the top of the page brings up a network diagram showing the router and each satellite, with dotted lines for WiFi backhaul and solid lines for wired backhaul.  Pressing one one of the device pictures brings up a list of devices connected to that device (and no others).  This list is not separated into categories.  Pressing on a device brings up the specifics.  This display also has two tabs, with the right tab bringing up details about the Orbi unit (router or satellite). Neither tab has a Pause button.  (The RBS40V - "voice" - satellite has a third tab about voice).

On three different Android devices, the app is consistent.  Pressing the same icon brings up the same display. Every time.

Message 2 of 6
MoaiRon
Aspirant

Thank you for your message. on my ios app, the device button only shows a list of devices sorted by status or alphabetically my choice, but its never sorted by frequency.  my network map device tab sometimes shows a list sorted by frequency and have a toggle switch for each, but more times than not its identical to the device button list but only reflects devices connected to it rather than all the devices on the network. in pictures ive seen on the app store for the orbi app, they also show clearly the network map device page with it sorted by frequency and with toggle button. which i would like to have full time and not randomly.

IMG_9558.PNGIMG_9559.PNG

i dont get this but randomy on the network map device screen, this pic is not from my device as im unable to get it to do it at the moment.

Screenshot_20190502-211735.png

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Can you make a screen shot of what comes up when you press the filter (funnel icon) on the right?

Message 4 of 6
MoaiRon
Aspirant

IMG_9560.PNG

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Well,, there it is.  Here is my Android page:

options.jpg

Notice below "Filter By" there is "Sort by"  (Sorry about the connected to router thing that popped up while I was flailing around trying to take a screen shot on the tablet - which is different than my phone.) Also, please forgive how annoyed I am that Netgear can't even be consistent on how they spell "By"... or is it "by">

My gues is the Apple and Android apps are not the same.  If they cannot spell a two letter word the same when they are on the same damn page, how can they make two different programs consistent?????

Very sorry.  I think you are screwed.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7