Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New - Orbi iOS app v2.19.1.3 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

New - Orbi iOS app v2.19.1.3 Released

Check your iOS devices for this update. Update as soon as possible.

Let us know how it works for you... 

Message 1 of 12
Jeffgear
Luminary

Re: New - Orbi iOS app v2.19.1.3 Released

It works fine. No obvious feature additions or visual changes. I'm assuming it's just stability improvements, bug fixes. 

Message 2 of 12
Scooter2577
Aspirant

All was working with IOS Orbi APP 2.18.1.3 but when upgrading to latest version fo App 3 days ago to 2.19.1.3, I am no longer able to see any devices in the App.  The error message I am getting is CDIL-API-FAIL.  Have tried from two separate IOS devices.  Have also tried deleting the App and reinstalling.  All was working before the IOS APP update.

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to disable Wifi Private IP Address:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

and enable local network for the Orbi app as seen here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-Web-Page-and-Orbi-app-Access-Status/td-p/2223085/jump...

@Scooter2577 wrote:

All was working with IOS Orbi APP 2.18.1.3 but when upgrading to latest version fo App 3 days ago to 2.19.1.3, I am no longer able to see any devices in the App.  The error message I am getting is CDIL-API-FAIL.  Have tried from two separate IOS devices.  Have also tried deleting the App and reinstalling.  All was working before the IOS APP update.

Message 4 of 12
Scooter2577
Aspirant

Thanks Furrye38.  Not my issue.  My problem only cam with the very recent upgrade from 18-19 of the software on all my IOS devices.  Was working fine 3 days ago and now with the upgrade, it is not.  Have alread disabled the items you mentioned back in May or June.

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What Orbi model do you have?

What FW is loaded on the Orbi system? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 6 of 12
Scooter2577
Aspirant

RBR 850 with 3 RBS850 Sattelites

Firmware was upgraded about a week ago with a full reboot to v4.6.8.5 and all was working with IOS version 2.18.1.3 of the APP software.

Only when IOS APP updated to 2.19.1.3 did the Devices Tab stop showing any of my connected items and posting the error code CDIL-API-FAIL so very new issue...

All connected to AT&T Fiber ISP and that is all good and still getting great speed test results in the APP.  Only cannot see any of the devices....

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

How about a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. I would turn OFF the RBS for now and once you have the RBR set up again using same SSID name and PW. Remove the orbi app from your device and reboot it. Re-install the Orbi app then check devices. 

Try a different mobile device if you have one to compare with. 

Message 8 of 12
Scooter2577
Aspirant

No way!   Spent last weekend doing that to get over the prior ORBI App issues.  Why doesn't a company like Netgear debug software before it releases it?  This is bizarre to have so many problems and "work arounds" just to use the most expensive router on the market.  Unreal that there could be so many issues with $2000 worth of product.  No response yet from the software engineers even though I pay extra for that level of support.

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

I guess submit a bug report then:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/td-p/2140980/jump-to/f...

Something I'm not seeing on my system. 

Message 10 of 12
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Scooter2577,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

To check, did you enable Smart Parental Control?

When that issue happens on the app shake your phone side to side this will pop up a bug report that will be sent to the engineers.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Nighthawk-App/td-p/2134684
*** Same steps applies to Orbi App

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 11 of 12
Scooter2577
Aspirant

I did not enable Smart Parent Control.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats