Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New app install connecting to existing setup?

McDuffy
Initiate

New app install connecting to existing setup?

Orbi RBS 850 Tri-Band (I gave up trying to find it in the model dropdown field).

So, I wanted to add the Orbi app managing my network to a 2nd iPhone after I had completed setting it up.  I can't seem to find a way to do so, the app seems to insist on doing a new install.  

Is there a way to connect a new orbi app install on an iphone to an existing network?  Doesn't that mean, basically, that you can only have one phone with the app?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

You should be able to have it on more than 1 device. I have mine on my phone and my wifes. I have it logged into my account for both. 

I don't have an RBR850 to compare to but my RBR50 works fine with it 

Message 2 of 5
McDuffy
Initiate

Thanks - I am curious on how you were able to install the app on the 2nd phone without having it insisting it was a new install?  Perhaps there has been a change in the app since you configured it - how long have you had it?

McD

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

I agree with @plemans  I already had the Orbi app on two Android devices (phone and tablet) and just now installed the app on another Android phone. Signed in with my Netgear login (email address and password). Later it asked for my Orbi admin password.  I was VERY careful to reject offers to install Circle, Armor, or 2-factor authentication.

Along the way there was an opportunity to do a "new" install, but there was always a way to avoid it.

Caveat: No iPhone and using an older RBR50 Orbi.  Despite the differences, I do not think there is any practical limit to the number of devices that can run the Orbi app on a single Orbi system.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

I did the same as @CrimpOn 

What modem are you using?

Any access points or extenders in use? 

the only time I run into issues is if I'm connecting  to one of my other access points, extenders, or combo devices that I play with. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7