Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New iPhone can't login to Orbi App

dingoace10
Aspirant

New iPhone can't login to Orbi App

Just got a new iphone.  Previous iPhone worked fine.  I can get past the login screen, but can't get past verification.  The push notification fails.  I attempted to send verification emails to my login email but no emails have shown up (nothing in spam/junk folder).  Thought it had to do with the email system filtering the email out so I logged into "MyNetgear" account and changed my login email to a different email address.  The app allows me to login using the new email address BUT the verification email address is still the old email address.  I have removed and reinstalled the app multiple times and the verification is still my old email address.

Any thoughts on how to fix the problem?

Thanks very much in advance!

Message 1 of 5
OrbiLove
Aspirant

I've got the same problem.  Not knowing it would cause an issue, I shut the wifi off to my phone which housed the app.  Have you seen a fix for this yet?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5
dingoace10
Aspirant

Unfortunately No.  My community profile updated the email address last night for my notifications to the new email...Was hoping the app did the same, but it is still showing my old email address...And that still isn't recieving the verification emails.  I think it just has to do with the app, since after I updated my login email, my old email address was sent a notification.

This is ridiculous!  I need to check on my wifi system!  I reported the bug, but I guarantee nothing will come from it.  Hoping someone sees this post and has a workaround.

Message 3 of 5
darkinners
Tutor

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-app-require-2FA-from-my-old-email-address/m-p/2021733... 

I have the same problem and I tried to post here few days ago, no one seems to able to assist me. I mean the Netgear support, I suppose they are the moderators of this forum. I ran out of option now.

Message 4 of 5
dingoace10
Aspirant

Thought it had to do with something on my phone being cached (from the old app being brought over from my old phone), but I installed the app on my wifes phone.  It was NEVER installed on her phone.  Same problem.  Push notification doesn't work and email is going to my old email address.  Thought it may be a problem with the email filter, but it may just be that the app is not sending out the email.  It is definitely a problem with the app.

I am not force to use the browser version of the admin at "orbilogin.com".  Mostly the same info, but not as nice as using the app.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7