Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Newtork map in ORBI app does not show devices when selected

KenLind
Aspirant

Newtork map in ORBI app does not show devices when selected

ORBI Rounter RBK30 AC3000 FW 2.2.1.210 Using ORBI APP ios 2.2.8.14

Devices disappeared from network map when selecting satellite.

RBR50, 2xRBS50.  From network map, you used to selecet a satellite, clicking on it would display devices.  Now always displays"No Connected Devices Found"  Looks like all devices are displayed when I click on the main router

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 66

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Devices are showing in a list format on my app after selecting the base router or satellite.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 66

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

True, I also see the same behavior.

When this happen I just go to the main Network Map (that shows the tree of router and satellites) and pull the page down to refresh the status. After that when I select the router or satellite I will see all devices correctly displayed.

Message 2 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

Devices are showing in a list format on my app after selecting the base router or satellite.

Message 3 of 66
Shinedown
Apprentice

I have the same issue - I've not been able to see what devices are connected to the router or satellite since installing my RBK50 in June... Orbi in AP mode, orbi app for Android, Android Oreo on Galaxy S9. Would really appreciate a fix for this if anyone can help...
Message 4 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using? 

Does this not work for you? 

"When this happen I just go to the main Network Map (that shows the tree of router and satellites) and pull the page down to refresh the status. After that when I select the router or satellite I will see all devices correctly displayed."

@Shinedown wrote:
I have the same issue - I've not been able to see what devices are connected to the router or satellite since installing my RBK50 in June... Orbi in AP mode, orbi app for Android, Android Oreo on Galaxy S9. Would really appreciate a fix for this if anyone can help...

Message 5 of 66
Shinedown
Apprentice

Nope, never works, never has. Always shows 'no connected devices found' Firmware 210...
Message 6 of 66
Shinedown
Apprentice

Message 7 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

And you can see devices when looking at the router with the app? 

How many satellites do you have? 

Is Daisy Chain feature checked or unchecked? 

@Shinedown wrote:
Nope, never works, never has. Always shows 'no connected devices found' Firmware 210...

Message 8 of 66
Shinedown
Apprentice

Neither router or satellite show anything, 1 sat, not daisy chained. Orbilogin web interface is the only thing that displays everything correctly...
Message 9 of 66
JoeCymru
Virtuoso

Mine is hit and miss (mostly miss). What I have found is that when the devices do load in the map section, it takes a looooong time. And it is not a map just the devices connected to that device. Netgear Genie, on the other hand, comes up immediately and places the devices on the map (two screens for me).So using Netgear Genie for your Orbi is the superior app.

That's why they are going to eliminate Orbi from Genie integration in the near future. 

Message 10 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

Put a check mark in Daisy Chain to see if this changes anything. 

@Shinedown wrote:
Neither router or satellite show anything, 1 sat, not daisy chained. Orbilogin web interface is the only thing that displays everything correctly...

Message 11 of 66
JoeCymru
Virtuoso

Daisy chain is on (due to off not working for me, but when on the topology is star anyway). Also same on or off. The app is just sub standard, compared to Genie, which shows proper topology and connected devices without issue. Has nothing to do with the Orbi configuarations.

Message 12 of 66
Chuck_M
Mentor

The refresh thing never worked for me either.  Android (Samsung galaxy note 9) and current firmware on Orbi.

I had posted about this shortfall a couple of weeks ago.

Message 13 of 66
Chuck_M
Mentor

This workaround does not work for my setup with a galaxy note 9.

My 2019 wish:  Could Netgear just fix the app.

Message 14 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact NG support about regarding the app and Galazy S9. 

@Blanca_O

@Chuck_M wrote:

This workaround does not work for my setup with a galaxy note 9.

My 2019 wish:  Could Netgear just fix the app.

Message 15 of 66
billfry55
Aspirant

I have the same issue the Orbi app has never shown what's connected to the satellites but the list shows all the devices currently connected. I just can't see where. However, when I use the genie software it works fine showing me where and what is connected. Seems like this is a problem for many, don't know why they can't fix the app. can the coding for it be so much different from the Genie to the Orbi app? Also, my main unit is an RBR40 but the selector above doesn't show that option just the satellites

Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 16 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact NG support about regarding the app:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

@Blanca_O

@billfry55 wrote:

I have the same issue the Orbi app has never shown what's connected to the satellites but the list shows all the devices currently connected. I just can't see where. However, when I use the genie software it works fine showing me where and what is connected. Seems like this is a problem for many, don't know why they can't fix the app. can the coding for it be so much different from the Genie to the Orbi app? Also, my main unit is an RBR40 but the selector above doesn't show that option just the satellites

Message 17 of 66
ekhalil
Master

@billfry55 wrote:

This seems to be an issue with the Android app. Please make sure that your SSID does not have any spaces so you might get the Orbi app working.

Message 18 of 66
BillFry
Guide

I will try that but I'm curious as to why a space in the SSID would make a difference in the app for only that? everything else seems to work fine

Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 19 of 66
Chuck_M
Mentor

@BillFry ;

Could you confirm you DID have a space in SSID name?

I changed mine after a final desparate reconfiguration and it works great now.  I tried everything else (firmware reversions, factory resets, etc) before this, and it turned out it was a simple fix.

If you DID have a space and it works after removing it like mine did, I would suspect the reason this would happen is probably a syntax error (lack of a close quote) in the android app that causes it to not recognize the full SSID, therefore the devices on an non-existent SSID is non-existent.

Looking forward to hearing if this fixed it for you!

Message 20 of 66
BillFry
Guide

Yes sir that fixed it took out the space and could works like a charm. Seems weird something that simple. Thanks for the input
Message 21 of 66
ekhalil
Master

@BillFry wrote:
Yes sir that fixed it took out the space and could works like a charm. Seems weird something that simple. Thanks for the input

Thanks for the confirmation.

This seems to be a software bug in the Android app. I dindn't encounter the same issue in the ios app. 

I hope hat Netgear SW developers fix this in a coming release for the Android app. 

Message 22 of 66
Shinedown
Apprentice

I looked at the SSID name the Orbi app and it did not have a space in it. So this has made no difference for me, unless I'm doing something wrong here?
Message 23 of 66
ekhalil
Master

@Shinedown wrote:
I looked at the SSID name the Orbi app and it did not have a space in it. So this has made no difference for me, unless I'm doing something wrong here?

Do the router or satellite names have spaces?

Message 24 of 66
Shinedown
Apprentice

Yes, the satellite has a space, how would I go about changing that? Many thanks for your help.

Message 25 of 66
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 65 replies
  • 16 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7