Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI APP - LOGIN - SECURITY?

ecb19
Follower

ORBI APP - LOGIN - SECURITY?

I just installed in the Orbi AC2200.  Seems to work great.  Unfortunately it seems it can only be controlled by an Android app (I don't do Apple).  I prefer WIN 10, and don't want to run the app through an emulator.  Does anyone know if there is a WIN 10-based program to manage the Orbi AC2200?

One of my concern is that if my phone is lost or stolen, the Orbi app doesn't seem to have any security to log into the app.  (That's a bit scarry!)  Seems it's always running on my Android phone and there is no way to 'log off'.  Anyone know if this is correct, and whether some level of security can be implemented requiring log in to control the Orbi system?  I think I'm signed up for the Netgear Armor security feature (for 30 days?), but seems odd if this is the 'security' that prevents someone using my phone from entering my Orbi system.

Thanks.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI APP - LOGIN - SECURITY?

Please post about this over in the Orbi app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

There is a log out function on the NightHawk app, there should be one in the Orbi app as well.

MS Windows based OS's uses the RBRs web page UI and a web browser to manage the router system. 

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 4

@ecb19 wrote:

I just installed in the Orbi AC2200.  Seems to work great.  Unfortunately it seems it can only be controlled by an Android app (I don't do Apple).  I prefer WIN 10, and don't want to run the app through an emulator.  Does anyone know if there is a WIN 10-based program to manage the Orbi AC2200?

Just use your browser. Aim it at:

www.orbilogin.com

If that doesn't work – perhaps because the thing is in AP mode – then track down the IP address of your Orbi router and use that.

The manual explains what to do.

There is support for the CBR40/CBK40, including manuals, at the end of this link:

>>>CBR40 | Product | Support | NETGEAR<<<

I see that the moderators have moved your message to the right place. (Much better than duplicating messages that clutter up the place and cause confusion.)

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ecb19, you have the option to logout of the Orbi app by going to the Menu on the top right then go to logout. You can also enable the Two-Step Verification under Menu > Account Management > Login Settings > Two Step verification.

Dexter

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7