Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI APP shows satellite offiline with wired connection

BukkyLam
Aspirant

ORBI APP shows satellite offiline with wired connection

hi

My current setup is : RBR50 -> unmanaged switch -> RBS50 + RBS40 + RBS40 +RBS40V with all wired connection.

I am wondering if the IOS APP can show the connection accordingly? because since i started using ORBI, the APP shows all the satellites offline.

May I know if anyone have the same issue please?

P.S. all these devices has been updated to the latest firmware.

Btw, for RBS40V, when i login to ORBI APP, there are no "ORBI MUSIC" to select.
I tried only can airplay the music from my "Spotify" app but cannot do from my KKBOX app, any way to solve it please?

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI APP shows satellite offiline with wired connection

Do all four of these satellites appear to be working correctly?

What does the Orbi web interface Attached Devices page say about how the satellites are conected?

(http://orbilogin.net)

Does it show devices connected to the various satellites?

(As you may have guessed, I tend to feel more confident in the Orbi web interface than in the Orbi 'app'. When in doubt, I favor the web interface.)

In regards to the Orbi Voice, my Orbi 'app' has no section for Orbi Music.  I can ask Alexa on my RBS40V to "Play KUSC" (a classical music station) or "Tell Plex to play..." to get music from my Plex server.  Have no idea about KKBOX. That sounds like a question for KKBOX.

It's a mystery to me, but Netgear has set up separate community forums for the Orbi Voice

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Voice-WiFi-Meets-HiFI/bd-p/en-home-orbi-voice and for the Orbi 'app'

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app 

Sometimes posting a question in those forums draws the attention of people who are more familiar with those things than people who read this 'general Orbi' forum.

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

p.s. I forgot to ask the model number of this unmanaged switch.

And, deliberately avoided expressing envy that you have ethernet wiring to support these connections. Running cable in my 60 year old house is a challenge I have yet to overcome.

Message 3 of 5
BukkyLam
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, all 4 satellite are appeared to be working correctly on ORBI web interface (192.168.1.1) and i have tested to confirm that.

All showed as "wired and good"

no devices showed connected with any satellite, i think it is a bug even i wired connect a laptop to the satellite, it's still showing connected to the RBR50

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

I would tend to put this down to, "the 'app' is stupid. ignore it."

Although... sometimes I connect directly to satellites using their IP address and look at the "Connected Devices" on the actual satellite.

(I remain annoyed that the router has "Attached" devices and satellites have "Connected" devices.  Does NO ONE pay attention to details?)

Sorry about the rant. My bathtub will not drain and I am going to have a house full of plumbers tomorrow tearing holes in my drywall.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7