Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI app pause/resume while in AP mode

AlainTV
Follower

ORBI app pause/resume while in AP mode

I'm having some issues with the ORBI app pause/resume.

I have read many posts in relation to this issue, and it all comes down to the fact that while in AP mode, the option to pause the internet goes away.

I really need to have this option available, however, my problem is that if I configure the ORBI router as a standard Wireless router, it takes on a separate LAN IP range, which is a pain, because a third of the household devices are cabled, and allowing the ORBI router to go on a different LAN IP range, means that our Macbook laptops are not able to print or reach the NAS.

Am I missing something?

Is there a way to configure the ORBI router as a standard router and still form part of the same LAN network, so that all devices are able to share everything within the house network?

Failing that, is there another way to keep the ORBI router in AP mode, and still be able to pause the internet for certain devices?

Thanks in advance

Alain

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
benbigh
Aspirant

Re: ORBI app pause/resume while in AP mode

I also have the same problem

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: ORBI app pause/resume while in AP mode

Keep the Orbi in router mode, and feed the in-house wired network from the Orbi router LAN port.

If possible - I know there are limits - re-configure the ISP router to bridge mode, or put the Orbi to a fully open DMZ port on the ISP router.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7