Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Offline Devices

GMoGoody8
Luminary

Offline Devices

Hey everyone. Updated my RBK50 firmware and received the new app with the new parental controls. In addition all my IOS devices updated to new versions 14/7. Since all my IOS devices now have a new MAC due to the new randomization feature I had a ton of offline devices in my connected device list. I was able to cleanup all but one. It’s the phone I use to connect to the app. Old MAC says offline but new is reporting correctly. App is giving me error unknown error when I try and delete the old one.

I noticed web UI doesn’t list offline devices like the app does. Is there a command to force remove this after using telnet to get in? I really don’t want to factory reset.
Message 1 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Offline Devices

@GMoGoody8 wrote:
Hey everyone. Updated my RBK50 firmware and received the new app with the new parental controls. In addition all my IOS devices updated to new versions 14/7. Since all my IOS devices now have a new MAC due to the new randomization feature I had a ton of offline devices in my connected device list. I was able to cleanup all but one. It’s the phone I use to connect to the app. Old MAC says offline but new is reporting correctly. App is giving me error unknown error when I try and delete the old one.

I noticed web UI doesn’t list offline devices like the app does. Is there a command to force remove this after using telnet to get in? I really don’t want to factory reset.

This is a common situation when updating the firmware. Not sure why the app is giving an error. I suggest rebooting the Orbi and then fire the app up again and see if you can remove the device.

The WEB GUI, go to Advanded > Security > Access Control. Scroll down to View list of allowed devices not currently connected to the network and remove from the list.

Message 2 of 5
GMoGoody8
Luminary

Thanks for letting me know where in the Web UI the offline devices were. I missed the little text on the bottom.

No dice though on my issue. I used Web UI to remove the device but it had a different name than the app. Rebooted RBR50 and even uninstalled and reinstalled Orbi app with removing data. Device is still there under the profile.

Seems like there is something hidden on the router that the web UI doesn’t have access to or even worse May be cloud related with my Netgear account connection.
Message 3 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

@GMoGoody8 wrote:
Thanks for letting me know where in the Web UI the offline devices were. I missed the little text on the bottom.

No dice though on my issue. I used Web UI to remove the device but it had a different name than the app. Rebooted RBR50 and even uninstalled and reinstalled Orbi app with removing data. Device is still there under the profile.

Seems like there is something hidden on the router that the web UI doesn’t have access to or even worse May be cloud related with my Netgear account connection.

I have found, for an unknown reason, Orbi system setups take 24 to 48 hours to settle in and give accurate reports to the app and GUI.

I recently setup a test system and manually updated it to the latest firmware, and then after full success updated my personal system.

However, for the first 2 days wired devices were reporting as wireless and vice versa, some devices were missing while others were offline. I rebooted several times, flushed my browser cache and re-installed the app. No change. Then after a day or so, after 1 more reboot, I rebooted every device connected to the Orbi and everything reported correctly. I had previously tried that with no success, so I think it was the 24 plus hours of running that may have something to do with it. 

Message 4 of 5
GMoGoody8
Luminary

My OCD kicked in and wanted to see if I could get it reporting correctly manually even if I had to login and do it through telnet. Lol. I’ll keep an eye on it and let it settle. I’ll keep you guys posted
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7