Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orange light for satellite in orbi app

guevarave
Follower

Orange light for satellite in orbi app

Hi all,

I have a question similar to the below post, but with a plot twist-

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Satellite-showing-Orange-Light-in-App/m-p/1925315

Like the OP in the previous post, an orange light is showing up in one of my two orbi satellites in the orbi app. However the difference is that, the closer satellite is showing up as amber/orange whereas the further satellite is green. They are connected in series like the other scenario. i.e. the green satellite is connecting to the orange one.

When I logged into the orbi web interface, it does indeed show the near satellite as poor, and the far one as good. Further, it showed that the far satellite is receiving 5ghz (green) whereas the near one is receiving 2.4ghz (poor). 

I have tried moving the near satellite around to see if the signal improves, but it is not helping. I have checked and the firmware is up to date. I have also rebooted the router and turned the satellite off and on.

Could anyone suggest a solution to the problem? It doesn't seem to be the distance from the orbi router. Many thanks in advance.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7