Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 6E - Orbi App and Web App not working after changing IP range

chazlin
Aspirant

Orbi 6E - Orbi App and Web App not working after changing IP range

I am unable to access my router settings after changing my router IP and IP range from the default 192.168.1.1 to the IP and range I have set up at home (22.22.22.1)

I am trying to change this because I have too many devices that require setting a static IP and I don’t want to reconfigure all the other devices to the 192.168.1.x range

But after I made the change, the Orbi app doesn’t connect anymore (“We can’t find your Orbi”) and the router’s web address (22.22.22.1) won’t load with the following error: “Access denied \nThe administrator of this proxy has not configured it to service requests from your host.”

Does this mean that Orbi can only be set to the default 192.168.1.1?

Would appreciate the help so that I don’t have to hire the Crestron technician to come change everything for me

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Orbi 6E - Orbi App and Web App not working after changing IP range

@chazlin wrote:

But after I made the change, the Orbi app doesn’t connect anymore (“We can’t find your Orbi”) and the router’s web address (22.22.22.1) won’t load with the following error: “Access denied \nThe administrator of this proxy has not configured it to service requests from your host.”

Does this mean that Orbi can only be set to the default 192.168.1.1?

No, the Orbi can be set to whatever IP address range you need.  This older thread may be relevant to your error: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBR850-Error-403-Access-Denied/m-p/2...

Did your Crestron installer install TinyProxy for your home network?  It seems to have restrictions and needs configuration to allow your new Orbi address.  Alternatively, you can try factory resetting your Orbi and setting it up with your new 22.22.22.* LAN range.

Message 2 of 3
chazlin
Aspirant

Re: Orbi 6E - Orbi App and Web App not working after changing IP range

I am sure I don't have tinyproxy installed on any systems. In addition, this tinyproxy error seems to be mentioned a lot in regards to Orbi systems. (last time after a firmware upgrade)

I tried hard reseting the entire system twice, and in both instances, after I change the IP space of my network the web server admin page for the router and the Orbi app both don't work and I can't connect to the router's admin page. However, the ping works and I still get notifications from Orbi Armor when there are new devices connected, and the internet and wifi are still working, as do all the IoT devices on my network. It's just the admin functions of the router and app do not work. 

Or is there a special port I should try for the server admin page?

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7