Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi (Android) App keeps prompting for admin login

Flankspeed
Star

Orbi (Android) App keeps prompting for admin login

I am cross-posting this from the Orbi forum.

Two days ago, I installed the Orbi RBK 50 mesh system (one satellite.)  It performs flawlessly as does management via the browser interface. Not so much with the Orbi app however.

Using the app, when I open the app, I am prompted for the admin password. After entering it, I am presented with the "Dashboard" allowing me to choose things like "Wireless Settings" or "Devices Connected."  Whther or no I select anything, afte rseveral seconds (approx 5-10), the login screen displays again and after re-entering the admin password, the message "Too many login attempts...Try again after 30 seconds" appears.  Subsequent attempts give the same message.

Other information that may be pertinent:

Netgear CM-500 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem

300 Mbps Cable connection

Orbi router and satelite both running latest firmware

Orbi app is running on a Samsung Galaxy S9.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times and changed the admin password to a simple apha string.

Orbi app is presumably the latest version since I downloaded it from the Play Store yesterday.

I don't how many others are having this problem but any ideas would be welcome.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Flankspeed
Star

Contacted NG support and they could offer no explanation or suggestion except to reinstall the router from scratch which didn't work.

I did stumble upon the solution though.  When logging into the Orbi app the screen that asks for credentials has a slider switch to "Remember Me" which I had activated.  Simply turning this setting off seems to have solved the problem.

View solution in original post

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Flankspeed
Star

Contacted NG support and they could offer no explanation or suggestion except to reinstall the router from scratch which didn't work.

I did stumble upon the solution though.  When logging into the Orbi app the screen that asks for credentials has a slider switch to "Remember Me" which I had activated.  Simply turning this setting off seems to have solved the problem.

Message 2 of 6
Dinglayne
Aspirant

Similiar issues from the App. Log into my account, then asks for my Admin password. 

RBR50 firmware V2.3.1.60 on Samsung Note 9 Orbi app version 2.3.7.622. I did try the uninstall/reinstall but still doesn't recognize my Admin password. Confirmed the password is correct using orbilogin.com. This is a new occurrence. Before the last couple of days, I logged in from the app no issuse.

Message 3 of 6
Dinglayne
Aspirant

So, if I turn off WiFi on my Note 9 and restart the app, it allows me to login remotely with no issues. What the heck???

Message 4 of 6
RDLemos
Guide

This is not really a solution, at most is a workaround...and actually did not work for me.
I continue to get the "login" page after a few seconds after I logged in... 

Message 5 of 6
orlando2bjr
Aspirant

Agreed, not really a solution. The app is terrible to use this way.

Anyway, I had to uninstall and reinstall for this to work, and never use the remember me.

I've tried it before, because I saw it in another post, and it didn't work for me as well. Only by deleting and reinstalling this works for me.

Just to make sure, I've just tested it again and it's not disconnecting.

I hope it helps, but I'd rather get a working update.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7