Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Android App keeps promting for login when already logged in

DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all, please try clearing the app data and cache then see if the issue will persist.

Dexter

Message 26 of 32
Flankspeed
Star

It persists.

Message 27 of 32
Flankspeed
Star

Update.

I was pleasantly surprised to be contacted directly by Netgear about this problem and I provided them with detailed info about when this problem occurs and when it doesn't and my various attempts to resolve it.  I was told that Netgear support had received a lot of calls from customers about this problem with the Android version of the app and that their software engineers were working on a fix.

Stay tuned.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 28 of 32
cdysthe
Virtuoso

@DexterJB wrote:

Hi all, please try clearing the app data and cache then see if the issue will persist.

Dexter

I tried to reinstall the app several times. The good old "clean cache" trick on Android did not help here.

Message 29 of 32
frustrated_as_h
Aspirant

Cleaning cache and deleting app data only works temporarily. It allows the app to work for almost 2 minutes without having to login again but then it's back to its old ways where you have to login again and again. Followed by too many login attempts. What's somewhat shocking and rather annoying is that if you uninstall and then re-install the app, it immediately goes back into the login loop. Only after cleaning cache and deleting app data, does the app function for a little bit. That implies that when the app uninstalls, it somehow keeps cache and app data on my device - what gives? When I uninstall the app, ANY and ALL references to the app should be deleted unless you give me the option during the uninstall process to keep that worthless data. Given that somewhere in that data is my WiFi password, that's quite disconcerning, especially if we're talking Armor / BitDefender - not exactly very secure but that can be subject of a whole other thread.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 30 of 32
Bbbbbbbb
Aspirant

The last time it was fixed for a long while was when I factory reset the RBR50, re-install the app and setup everything like new.

This happen again today after I logged into 10.0.0.1 through google chrome on my phone. Thought it might be related to brower's cache, so cleared it and it was fixed for another couple minutes... and... still happening..

Message 31 of 32

@Bbbbbbbb wrote:

This happen again today after I logged into 10.0.0.1 through google chrome on my phone. Thought it might be related to brower's cache, so cleared it and it was fixed for another couple minutes... and... still happening..

That address suggests that you have two routers on your network.

This seems to be your first message here. If you are seeking help, you would do better to start a new conversation.

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

Message 32 of 32
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7