Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App - Android phone - "login timed out, please try again"

Jarac
Initiate

Orbi App - Android phone - "login timed out, please try again"

Recently I have been unable to login to my device from my Android phone.   Works fine from my iPad.  Any ideas why this has started to happen on an android device?  Any recent updates to android app that might have caused this?  You can see error that pops up on login screen in the attached jpg.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
KMDonlon
Luminary

Same exact issue since the last update to the app, Motorola z2Force, Android Pie 9.0. Work around for me is to click on the Anywhere Access button prior to the login screen, then it connects

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
KMDonlon
Luminary

Same exact issue since the last update to the app, Motorola z2Force, Android Pie 9.0. Work around for me is to click on the Anywhere Access button prior to the login screen, then it connects
Message 2 of 7
Jarac
Initiate

That worked! Thanks KMDonlon!
Message 3 of 7
cmac1156
Tutor

Work around solution does work but seems to be a poor final solution to what worked before.

Message 4 of 7
TheDow
Initiate

No, this is not "SOLVED".  Solved means the problem was fixed.  This is what we in tech call a "WORKAROUND".  And it's a poor one, too.

On my RBR50 with firmware v2.5.1.8, I can't see what devices are connected to what satellite.  This is diminished functionality.  Now, my warranty may be expired, but they should support their product. I CAN see it when I use a browser to log into the router, so the information is still available, but the app appears to be broken.  They should fix it if, as is hinted at above, this is an Android version issue.

I guess I need to make a support case for this.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 7
KMDonlon
Luminary

The app is now flawed where it wasn't previously. The login bug is now one along with missing devices listed under network tab. The web GUI shows connected devices properly while the app always leaves a few out. Last update to the app introduced several issues.
Message 6 of 7
arnb
Guide

Same issues here with a Moto X4 with Android 9

App won't login except by clicking "Anywhere Access"

Satellites show as disconnected using local IP but connected in some manner in the App

3 of 14 connected and working devices show in local IP and app.

I have a new install (1 day on RBK43S) and I am close to ripping it out and returning it. What good is a network router if you have no idea what's connected and how.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7