Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App Anywhere Access not working

Greene10
Apprentice

The Anywhere Access is finally working on my 960 series. Happy to finally be able to look at the connection remotely. 

Message 26 of 78
RobertTLax
Tutor

What did you do to get it to start working?

Message 27 of 78
RobertTLax
Tutor

RBR50 and CBR750 are not working.  They momentarily worked about two weeks ago but broke again.  I reset the RBR50 to factory, manually updated the latest firmware on the router and satellites, deleted and reinstalled the Orbi App, nothing.  Any other suggestions to fix this problem? Thanks.

Message 28 of 78
Greene10
Apprentice

It just starting working. Firmware and app was updated weeks ago.

Message 29 of 78
Greene10
Apprentice

It’s not on your in. A NETGEAR problem no doubt. Just keep checking app.

Message 30 of 78
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

If all else fails, https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/td-p/2140980/jump-to/f...

@RobertTLax wrote:

RBR50 and CBR750 are not working.  They momentarily worked about two weeks ago but broke again.  I reset the RBR50 to factory, manually updated the latest firmware on the router and satellites, deleted and reinstalled the Orbi App, nothing.  Any other suggestions to fix this problem? Thanks.

Message 31 of 78
RobertTLax
Tutor

Thanks. Access Anywhere only works for me if I’m on each routers LAN, and the routers are 350 miles apart. I can’t access either router on cellular connection, where the WiFi private IP address would not apply. iCloud Relay turned off. I complete a bug report. This is really frustrating. Netgear needs to fix this crap.
Message 32 of 78
Greene10
Apprentice

Purchased the 960 series back in late October from Best Buy and Anywhere Access would not work until out of blue it started working in late December. It had the latest firmware and app update but it had nothing to do with that. My 30 days came and went with Best Buy but I had the Total Tech plan so I could exchange it at anytime. The 960 series has been solid for the most part.

Message 33 of 78
Gudel2
Apprentice

My 750 still is not working after several factory resets and uninstalling and reinstalling IOS orbi app ,it says device is offline although anywhere access is checked and shows connected. iOS app 2.22.0.247 ,firmware on orbi 4.6.14.3

Message 34 of 78
FURRYe38
Guru

After the reset did you set up from scratch using a wired PC and web browser instead of Orbi app? 

Do you have any special characters in the admin log in password for the RBR? 

Can you connect with Orbi app on the Local Network path with the Orbi app? Seen from the drop down menu top left corner then select Your Products. 

For iOS devices be sure that wifi private IP address is disabled:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

I see the app version has changed since i posted when it worked for me last. Possible app version issue here. 

Be sure to submit a bug report if you can't get Anywhere access working:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/td-p/2140980/jump-to/f...

@Gudel2 wrote:

My 750 still is not working after several factory resets and uninstalling and reinstalling IOS orbi app ,it says device is offline although anywhere access is checked and shows connected. iOS app 2.22.0.247 ,firmware on orbi 4.6.14.3

Message 35 of 78
RobertTLax
Tutor

After 6 months, mine suddenly started working this afternoon. Go figure.
Message 36 of 78
RobertTLax
Tutor

And… now it’s not working again. Frustrating..
Message 37 of 78
Gudel2
Apprentice

Same here not working 

Message 38 of 78
Gudel2
Apprentice

750 series 

iOS version of app 2.22.0.247

IOS 16.2

orbi app says and shows RBR 750 connected to anywhere access

then says Device offline

this is not true because whenever I’m near my WiFi I’m connected to router which allows me to surf the web

Message 39 of 78
Greene10
Apprentice

The app was updated a week or so ago. I have not had the "device disconnect problem yet" but the Anywhere Access is screwed up again. I just happen to be at the remote Orbi remote location to trouble shoot this. After the app update I had to be locally to reenable Anywhere Access. You shouldn't have to be local to do this. It should automatically pick this up after an update. Plus when you first open the updated app you have to be really FAST to catch the "enable Anywhere Access" screen. This is on a iPhone 16.2. Wondering what other surprises awake me.

Message 40 of 78
FURRYe38
Guru

I put my 7 series back online yesterday. 

Still have AW access on my iphone iOS 16.2. 

Orbi app v.274

FW v.3

IMG_1707.PNGIMG_1708.PNG

Message 41 of 78
Greene10
Apprentice

My 960 has been working (app .247 and iOS 16.2) good with Anywhere Access after a few hiccups after the new app update.

Message 42 of 78
Drew212
Guide

My Anywhere Access is now working so it Must have been on Netgear's end of things because the app changed a little bit although there was no update by me, I'm just stoked that it's working again. Thanks everyone for all the support 😉 I Really Do Love My Orbi Mesh RBR850 & Satellites...When they are Working Nothing can Touch Them. I mean no sarcasm either at all this is the first problem I've had in the years I've had it. Thanks again all ; )
Message 43 of 78
Gudel2
Apprentice

iI’m still down even with latest update 

Message 44 of 78
Gudel2
Apprentice

Still down even with iOS latest Orbi app release 2.23.0.67

Message 45 of 78
SeclusionBay
Tutor

750 series anywhere access still broken for me.  Says "device offline."  Nothing helps.

Message 46 of 78
FURRYe38
Guru

What mobile platform are you using? Apple or Android? Both? 

What version of the Orbi app is loaded? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded on the Orbi system?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Be sure that WiFi Private IP address or Random Mac Address is disabled on mobile devices:

Submit a bug report using the Orbi app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/td-p/2140980/jump-to/f...

Message 47 of 78
SeclusionBay
Tutor

Been through all this months ago. All is up to date. Their app is just broken.
Message 48 of 78
FURRYe38
Guru

Submit a bug report and I guess you'll need to wait for NG to update the app. Or contact a forum moderator to help you out.
@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

Message 49 of 78
fondoo
Tutor

so what was the fix for this everyone? I have a RBK853 doing the same problem

Message 50 of 78
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7