Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App Bug with Firmware 2.7.1.60

Isnt
Star

Orbi App Bug with Firmware 2.7.1.60

I updated to Orbi firmware 2.7.1.60 last night and now when I go to view the devices connected to the Orbi via the Orbi app I get the following error. This happens on both my iPad and iPhone so it seems to be something related directly to the new firmware. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried googling this error and absolutely nothing comes up for it. So it seems tobe fairly new and unique. Plus there is a typo in the error message which is strange.

The error is:

Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again. (code: CDIL-API-FAIL).

Orbi App ErrorOrbi App Error

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 57

Accepted Solutions
Isnt
Star

Solved for me at least!
I downloaded to newest iphone app this morning and I can now access the Device Manager and see all devices with no error occurring! So finally fixed I think. I tried it both on my iphone and ipad and it works fine 😄 I hope it's fixed for everyone now!

View solution in original post

Message 31 of 57

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Updated a few hours ago, no problems. Booted app up and have same errors! Also seems like Access Control has disappeared from the web. Advanced > Security > Access Control tells me "To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App."

Message 2 of 57
Isnt
Star

Thank you for letting me know, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue, it gives me hope that there is a bug that can be fixed!

Message 3 of 57
Alexismccabe
Initiate

We get the same msg. CDIL-API-FAIL. Can’t connect to server.
Message 4 of 57
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 5 of 57
RobertHardy
Aspirant

Having the same problem after firmware upgrade. Cannot see list of devices.
Message 6 of 57
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

@RobertHardy wrote:
Having the same problem after firmware upgrade. Cannot see list of devices.

Message 7 of 57
Isnt
Star

I've posted here meanwhile:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-App-Bug-with-Firmware-2-7-1-60/m-p/2000585#M2314

Seems like this error has been happening to a number of people.

I also noticed this error occurs for people with newer firmwares on Nighthawk routers as well and using the nighthawk app. I think it is a firmware issue.

Message 8 of 57
prizbachka
Aspirant

Having same issues right after firmware update (cose: CDIL-API-FAIL).
Message 9 of 57
FURRYe38
Guru

Something NG will have to look into. Nothing we can do about it here in the forums. Keep in touch with NG support. 

Good Luck. 

Message 10 of 57
LAMBOEVO2020
Tutor

I also updated to Orbi firmware 2.7.1.60 on 10/30/2020; still not able to manage devices.  All devices that I had switched to "on" previous to the update are still connected to WIFI.  The support system in place with NETGEAR/ORBI is not helpful.  Im surprised its taking so long to correct.

Message 11 of 57
Stev3D
Luminary

@FURRYe38 if you have any pull with Netgear (and I suspect you do), please alert them to other issues that the v2.7.1.60 update created.  Not only is there an issue with the app, but MAC address filtering ("Access Control") has gone haywire (again -- a lot like what happened a year ago).  Unfortunately, it only takes a zillion posts on the Community before they notice, so if you can speed up the process, please do.

Message 12 of 57
FURRYe38
Guru

To everyones benefit, your best way to let NG know it to file a support ticket and or contact a forum moderator about your concerns and experiences. The more users do this, the more NG will be looking and reviewing. I have zero pull with NG. For items I have problems with, I do make contact with forum moderators regarding them. I recommend doing the same. 

Message 13 of 57
GMoGoody8
Luminary

Everyone having the issues

1. When You Load the App what is the Version Reported on the bottom? 
2. What Was the Previous FW on the RBK50 prior to 2.7.1.60?
3. Do you subscribe to advanced features like parental control or security through Netgear?

I have the 2.7.1.60 FW and the App is version 2.6.7.0 and have experienced no issues. 
App works as it did prior and Web GUI has the "Access Control" with everything listed. 

That being said My RBK50 was previosuly on 2.7.0.70 FW which forced an app update as soon as I connected to my Orbi because it contained the "New Parental Controls" for US region only.  

I'm curious to see if that is a required step to take and 2.7.1.60 doesn't force the app to update like the other FW. 

Message 14 of 57
Stev3D
Luminary

Answers:

1. V2.6.7.0 (installed approx. one week ago)
  2. v2.7.0.70 (installed late September)
  3. No additional services (no Armor, no kids at home)

Message 15 of 57
Greg00001
Star

I wonder if it's only happening with Apple devices?  I've had no issues with the app on my Galaxy S20 and  2.7.1.60 firmware.

Message 16 of 57
GMoGoody8
Luminary

@Stev3D wrote:

Answers:

1. V2.6.7.0 (installed approx. one week ago)
  2. v2.7.0.70 (installed late September)
  3. No additional services (no Armor, no kids at home)

@Stev3D , Well there goes that idea. Sounds like at least for you it's Netgear support conversation or rolling back Firmware. So crazy there are so many differences with User experiences with the FW. 

Message 17 of 57
Stev3D
Luminary

I have it on good authority that Netgear is aware of this and is working to address it (they have been in contact with me).

Message 18 of 57
RobertHardy
Aspirant

Updated to Iphone app version 2.7.0.28 on 11/16/2020.  Still have the same problem accessing device information via the app on the Orbi system using firmware 2.7.1.60.  Clicking on "Devices" results in a delay followed by "Could not reach server. Try again later (code: CDIL-API-FAIL). OK" 

Message 19 of 57
HarryCo
Initiate

Good News that the Support is aware. Thank you Steve3D !

1) 2.7.1.60

2) iPhone App 2.7.0.28

3) CDIL-API-FAIL

No devices shown at all on RBR50 (router) OR on any of the Satellites RBS50 and RBS20.

Message 20 of 57
LAMBOEVO2020
Tutor

Thanks for the news! Did support provide a timeline to correct? We are almost at 4 weeks on this. Ty!!
Message 21 of 57
slapshot2213
Aspirant

I'm using a Galaxy S20+ and am having the same issues. App version 2.7.0.1317 and 2.7.1.60 on the router.

Message 22 of 57
relberfeld
Apprentice

same issue.  clearly terrible testing quality at netgear.  

will this EVER get fixed ?

how hard is it ?

Message 23 of 57
Kdillon120
Aspirant

Having same problem after firmware update to V2.7.1.60. No devices appear in device manager. Additionally it takes about 30 seconds to load. Prior to update it was instantaneous. 

Message 24 of 57
relberfeld
Apprentice

Re: Orbi App Bug Net gear can’t figure it out

Of course. And this is so obviously a big that netgear caused and is apparently incapable of fixing.
Message 25 of 57
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7