Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App Bug with Firmware 2.7.1.60

Isnt
Star

Orbi App Bug with Firmware 2.7.1.60

I updated to Orbi firmware 2.7.1.60 a few nights ago and since then when I go to view the devices connected to the Orbi via the Orbi app I get the following error. This happens on both my iPad and iPhone so it seems to be something related directly to the new firmware. There have been other people discussing facing this same issue, but I have not found a solution yet.

The error is:

Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again. (code: CDIL-API-FAIL).

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 13
Stev3D
Luminary

I am seeing the same issue.  The app worked quite well (since the last update) until I updated the Firmware on my RBK50 on Tuesday.  Then, a lot of things went to hell.

Sometimes it takes a zillion posts here for Netgear to notice.

Message 2 of 13
SpiralDance
Initiate

Yep. I have the same issue. I manuallt updated the satellites first, then the router to version 2.7.1.60. Then just to be thorough, rebooted everything - modem, routers and satellites. No luck.

All devices seem to connect and work. All devices will show on the website access page under Attached Devices tab, however they do not show in the app.

I updated the app, now version 2.6.7.0 and completely closed then reopened it. App continues to say 0 devices connected! I am running the latest ios 14.2 on iphone to access Orbi app.

Gives the error mentioned, Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again. (code: CDIL-API-FAIL), if you try to see the connected devices under the device manager tab in the app. Under network map tab, you see no connected devices on any of the satelllites or router as well.

I havent rolled back the update yet since the devices seem to be working ok and I can see the attached devices on the website. However, it is frustrating that the app wasn't updated correctly!

Message 3 of 13
Pweissma
Guide

I'm having the same problem since updating the firmware. It seems iphone related. I get the cdil-api-fail error on the orbi app when I try to look at devices. I've reistalled the app several times on 2 different iphones and it doesn't help. The Device manager shows no devices. After reinstalling, the first time the app runs I do see devices associated with each rbs50, rbs40v and rbr50 on my network. However, if I close the app and go back in, the app shows no associated devices. 

Message 4 of 13
Pweissma
Guide

I wasted way to much life on this. I spoke with support for way too long. The iphone app isn't compatible with firmware v2.7.1.60. 

If you've already updated you're firmware my advise is to just wait for the next version of the phone app. Not knowing this I wasted time rolling back to firmware 2.5.2.4 on my RBR50 and my two RBS50's. This fixed the app issue but I couldn't get the RBS50's to connect to the RBR50. At this point, after support broke my system, they wanted to charge me $90 for 6 months of support so I hung up. Turns out something didn't go right when I tried to roll back the firmware on the  RBS50's even though the router web page said the firmware was 2.5.2.4. I took the easiest path back to a working system by changing my RBR50 back to 2.7.1.60 and I'll just wait for the iphone app to be updated. 

Message 5 of 13
RCI
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here. RBR50 & RBS50 firmware 2.7.1.60 is not compatible with the latest iOS Orbi App. It is unbelievable how Netgear will not QA its software prior to release.

Message 6 of 13
Baxter2020
Guide

Same issue here - it seems to me that this started with iOS 14, but I cannot connect to the Orbi App anymore even if I am on the network. I can connect via the Connect Anywhere but that is it. Yes, checked the LAN access settings on the iPhone. Nothing available via support. 

Message 7 of 13
eehirsch
Guide

Same here.
Message 8 of 13
Pweissma
Guide

I rolled back the firmware to v2.6.1.40 and this solved the problems I was having with the app and potentially other problems as well. 

Firmware v2.6.1.40 and v2.7.1.60 are both listed as current firmware versions as of when I'm writing this. v2.6.1.40 works with the app, v2.7.1.60 doesn't.

To roll back the firmware:

1. Go to support.netgear.com and enter the model number rbk50. This model number is for the kit containing rbs50 and rbr50.

2. Click on downloads and then download the firmware v2.6.1.40 for both the rbs50 and rbk50. Open the zip files.

3. Get to the routers web page by going to orbilogin.com or entering the ip address. Go to Advanced --> Administration --> Firmware Updates --> Manual update. 

4. Roll back your RBS50s first. Select your RBS50s. Hit browse and navigate to the v2.6.1.40 firmware for the rbs50 and update.

5. Same thing now for the router. 

That's it. 

Message 9 of 13
Stev3D
Luminary

I have it on good authority that Netgear is aware of this and is working to address it.

Message 10 of 13
Isnt
Star

Fixed!
I downloaded the newest iphone app this morning and I can now access the Device Manager and see all devices with no error occurring! I tried it both on my iphone and ipad and it works fine!

Message 11 of 13
chipmunkchan
Aspirant

It's still not working for me.  I removed the app, rebooted my phone, re-installed the app (2.7.2.18) and still getting the CDIL-API-FAIL error.

Message 12 of 13
Mac_G
Aspirant

Great - I upgraded the firmware before reading this thread and I now have the same error. You'd seriously think they'd test this more thouroughly. App useless.

What is the solution? Downgrade to previous firmware I'm guessing?

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 27 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7