Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App Bug with Firmware 2.7.1.60

Reset19
Aspirant

Re: Orbi App Bug Net gear can’t figure it out

I have the same issue as well. Looks to be tied with security being enabled. For a brief period following a restart, devices were present. When Armor was loaded the devices disappeared and the cdil-app-fail message is displayed. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 26 of 57
Zakariyya
Aspirant

@Kdillon120 wrote:

Having same problem after firmware update to V2.7.1.60. No devices appear in device manager. Additionally it takes about 30 seconds to load. Prior to update it was instantaneous. 

I am experiencing the exactt same thing. Come on Netgear!!!!!

Message 27 of 57
ase116
Aspirant

I have had the same problem since the firmware upgrade.  No luck with reinstalling the Orbi app and going through new set up. My network seems to be ok and I can connect to the router through the Orbi computer interface.  It seems be a conflict with the Orbi app and new firmware requiring a change to one of these components.  Awaiting Netgear to fix??

Message 28 of 57
relberfeld
Apprentice

good luck.  the incompetents at Netgear still havent figured this one out.  They need tech help desperately !

Message 29 of 57
LAMBOEVO2020
Tutor

Re: Orbi App Bug Net gear can’t figure it out

The devices not showing since the software update before 10/31/20 is unacceptable.  I sold my hardware on eBay last week.  Seems Netgear business plan is to make it hard to support their customers and trick them into upgradining if you want support.  Selling the hardware was worth the loss. 

@Reset19 wrote:

I have the same issue as well. Looks to be tied with security being enabled. For a brief period following a restart, devices were present. When Armor was loaded the devices disappeared and the cdil-app-fail message is displayed. 

Message 30 of 57
Isnt
Star

Solved for me at least!
I downloaded to newest iphone app this morning and I can now access the Device Manager and see all devices with no error occurring! So finally fixed I think. I tried it both on my iphone and ipad and it works fine 😄 I hope it's fixed for everyone now!

Message 31 of 57
Isnt
Star

I'm marking this as resolved as downloading the latest iphone app has fixed this for me.

Message 32 of 57
Wallyec
Aspirant

Latest App update fixed it for a blink - devices were listed - then the CDIL error was back and NO DEVICES FOUND.  i reloaded the App  but no go.  Maybe the pending 14.03 update will have some impact??

Message 33 of 57
relberfeld
Apprentice

exactly what happened to me

worked for 1 minute now fails 100% of the time even after re-installing the app.

i suggest contacting david.henry@netgear.com

enough people making noise about this may insire the tech team to fix it

Message 34 of 57
Reset19
Aspirant

Updating to the latest app does not resolve this on my iOS devices.  After app re-install, devices show up briefly just until the security status is established. Then back to the error.

Message 35 of 57
Isnt
Star

So, as some have mentioned, it might be Netgear Armor that is breaking it. Coincidentally my Netgear Armor expired a few days ago. So perhaps the fact that it is expired might have been the real fix for me.

Message 36 of 57
slapshot2213
Aspirant

Nothing has changed for me using Android. Also, I've never activated/used Armor. The issue started after the firmware upgrade. Likely unrelated, but my VOIP phone has been experiencing a lot more "dropouts" since the firmware update.

Message 37 of 57
ase116
Aspirant

I have found a solution re:Orbi iOS app not working with the new firmware update V2.7.1.60  I manually changed to the firmware V2.6.1.40.  You can find it on the link:  kb.netgear.com/000062484/RBR50-RBR50-Firmwar-Version-2-6-1-40   You also have to delete the Orbi app from your iPhone, then reinstall before connecting to the router after the firmware change.  I have seen posts that the app worked only for a short time after the update to V2.7.1.60, but I have not had that problem.  Changing to V2.6.1.40 does NOT seem to have the conflict with the iOS Orbi app.  Hope it works for you!

Message 38 of 57
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Orbi App Users,

If you're still experiencing issues with your Orbi app, please send me a private message with the following info. 

Orbi Model:

Orbi Firmware Version:

Orbi App Version: (please also specify if you're on iOS or Android)

iOS Software Version: (if applicable)

Thank you,

Christian 

Message 39 of 57
Stev3D
Luminary

@Christian_R , can you confirm that the bug that broke the iOS Orbi app when the iOS Nighthawk app was also installed has been resolved.  Back when the Orbi app started giving us fits, I learned (and confirmed) that having both it and the Nighthawk app installed was an issue.  Has that aspect been addressed (so it is safe to reinstall the Nighthawk app)?  Thank you.

Message 40 of 57
relberfeld
Apprentice

this has NOT in any way been resolved.  I still have the problem WITHOUT the nighthawk app.  Nobody at Netgear has been able to figure out why no devices are showing. Unbelieveable.

Message 41 of 57
Reset19
Aspirant

🙂 Not sure ho

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello Orbi App Users,

If you're still experiencing issues with your Orbi app, please send me a private message with the following info. 

Orbi Model:

Orbi Firmware Version:

Orbi App Version: (please also specify if you're on iOS or Android)

iOS Software Version: (if applicable)

Thank you,

Christian 

w to initiate a private message...  Is there a link or do you have an email address to send to 

Message 42 of 57
ase116
Aspirant

I highly recommend contacting Christian at Netgear Support.  If you have problems with the latest firmware update for the RBR50 Router and the Orbi app, there is a fix available.  I think Netgear does hear us.

Message 43 of 57
relberfeld
Apprentice

the issue here is not just the bugs they cant fix but the attempt to collect extra maintenance fees to pay for fixing the bugs they introduced.  keeping up with apple is their cost, not one that we need to bear. they should be addressing and fixing the completely ridiculous bug where no devices show up on iphone when running armor (which is worthless).

I wont waste any more time with netgear, moving to google where they have tech support.

Message 44 of 57
rblock
Aspirant

Orbi Model: RBR50
Orbi Firmware Version: 2.7.1.60
Orbi App Version: (please also specify if you're on iOS or Android): 2.7.4.1
iOS Software Version: (if applicable): 14.3
Message 45 of 57
relberfeld
Apprentice

And you are probably not running the POS software called armor
Message 46 of 57
rblock
Aspirant

That is correct. After I installed 2.7.1.60, Armour was automatically started without my intervention. I had to turn it off and now it has expired. Even when it was running, I was unable to access my devices through the app.

The only saving grace for Netgear is that they at least give you access to a web app. I can’t say that for Google or other mesh systems.
Message 47 of 57
relberfeld
Apprentice

Still no excuse for not fixing it. Tech at netgear needs new management and staff 

@rblock wrote:
That is correct. After I installed 2.7.1.60, Armour was automatically started without my intervention. I had to turn it off and now it has expired. Even when it was running, I was unable to access my devices through the app.

The only saving grace for Netgear is that they at least give you access to a web app. I can’t say that for Google or other mesh systems.

Message 48 of 57
rblock
Aspirant

Completely agree!
Message 49 of 57
Reset19
Aspirant

With help from the Netgear (JM), we did a complete hardware reset of the Orbi. In essense, I started from scratch with the factory password and used the Orbi app on my iPad to setup the system from scratch (including cycling my cable modem). During this process, the app indicated that a firmware update was needed. The firmware version updated is V2.7.2.102. (This in not a typo - V2.7.2.102)  This firmware update during the new device setup using the Orbi app, has resolved the issue for me.  I have Armor and all of my devices are shown in the app.

My thanks to the Netgear support staff that monitor this community. 

Message 50 of 57
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7