Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App Bug with Firmware 2.7.1.60

relberfeld
Apprentice

looks like that fixed it.  i hope netgear tech support LOGS what they fixed and doesnt break it again in the next release.  

Message 51 of 57
relberfeld
Apprentice

but they still havent figured out how to manage IOS 14.3 local devices as I have dozens of offline devices in device manager that do not and never have existed.  kind of worthless.  too bad since netgear had months to test this and the whole rollout has been terrible.  lets all hope next release will fix this and keep it fixed going forward. too much invested in their devices to trash them but I would not recommend netgear to anyone looking for new modems/routers.

Message 52 of 57
Kdillon120
Aspirant

It would appear Netgear somehow addressed the situation. I did nothing to fix the problem of devices not being listed in the Orbi app, so I assume Netgear addressed it through an automatic firmware update. we'll see for how long.

Message 53 of 57
dep14
Aspirant

I have an Orbi Mesh Network system I purchased from Costco back in August.

The network, and the app worked flawlessly until late October.  

In late October, when both IoS and the Orbi App was updated, I lost all use of the App.  A system reset, with re-naming the network and starting from scratch got things working again.

The app worked well for a couple of weeks.  Now, it works for about 24-36 hours and the App quits working and says it can't find the network.  (same issue as before).  

However, if I unplug and re-plug in my main Orbi router, it does seem to also reset the app.  So, at least it's a work-around, but it is pretty annoying.  Any thoughts?

App is version 2.7.4.1.

IoS - 14.2

Thanks.

Message 54 of 57
ase116
Aspirant

See my previous posting dated 12-15-20, message 38/54.  If you are having problems with the iPhone Orbi app working after upgrading to Firmware 2.7.1.60 to the base router RBR50, I would recommend manually changing the firmware back to the previous version.  There is a new beta version that corrects the problem, but until it is available, using the previous firmware 2.6.1.40 works. Contact Christian (post of 12-21-20) for more information.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 55 of 57
dep14
Aspirant

I have version 2.7.4.1... I assume that is another new one?

Is there a 2.6.4.1 that I likely used to have?

Again, what is weird if I unplug and plug my router back in the app seems to work again...

Message 56 of 57
ase116
Aspirant

Yes, the 2.6.1.40 is the previous version.  You can download this firmware version to your computer using the link in my 12-15-20 posting.  Manually change the firmware in Advanced Settings/Administration in the router's Configuration Utility.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 57 of 57
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7