Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App Device Manager has no slider button to control devices

J3rry
Aspirant

Orbi App Device Manager has no slider button to control devices

Hi,

I have recently installed the RBK752 router and satellite but have a couple of issues (first issue detailed in separate post). The second issue is that the Orbi App Device Manager does not allow me to control access for individual devices. I have previously set up a RBK353 system and when I go to Device Manager for that system I get a blue screen listing all the devices connected sorted by 2.4ghz, 5ghz and wired. For each device there is a slider switch which enables me to turn the device off. For the RBK752 set up when I go to Device Manager I get a white screen listing every device that has ever been connected to the system (whether connected currently or not) with a green dot against those that are currently connected. There is no slider switch to turn a device off and the list is not sorted in any particular order.

On occasion when switching between the RBK353 and RBK752 in the app I get the blue screen with green sliders for the RBK752 but this is only if I click on Device Manager immediately after changing devices. If I then go out of device Manager and come back in the screen reverts to the white screen described earlier so it appears to be some sort of bug. I wonder if it has something to do with the Parentasl Controls that now show up in the app for the RBK752 but not the RBK353.

I do not use the Parental Controls and Netgear Armor is not enabled.

I have version V2.11.0.1661 of the Android app (used on a Samsung Galaxy S9 with latest firmware). The firmware of the RBK752 (router and satellite) is V4.6.3.7_2.0.49. This is a new set up and the behaviour has occurred since initial set up. I have tried reinstalling the app as well as a factory reset on the system and reinstalling the latest firmware.

Is this behaviour standard or is it a known bug?

Any advice / help appreciated.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi App Device Manager has no slider button to control devices

You have a screen capture of this? 

I believe the slider button has morphed into a router pause/start button in the upper right hand corner of the devices screen if you want to stop and start access for a particular device.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

You have a screen capture of this? 

I believe the slider button has morphed into a router pause/start button in the upper right hand corner of the devices screen if you want to stop and start access for a particular device.

Message 2 of 6
J3rry
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I have attached a screen capture (hopefully inserted correctly!).

Screenshot_20210831.jpg

I can see the pause button you refer to now. That's helpful thank you......But are you saying the screen as per the screen capture is the updated version of the blue screen with green sliders (as attached below)? Just seems a bit of a backward move if so, as the blue screen with green sliders sorted by connection type seems to be more user friendly to me although I accept others may have a different opinion. On the plus side however, if it is the updated version then my app is working correctly!

netgear-orbi-app-devices-1.png

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

No idea why the change in UI. Just seems now that you have to select the device to go into it's information and select the pause/start button now. 

Message 4 of 6
J3rry
Aspirant

Thank you. I take it from your response that the screen I am seeing is correct for the latest version of the app and the blue screen is the old version. I do find it a bit strange though that I get the blue screen for the RBK353 system and the white screen for the RBK752 system in the same app. Anyhow, at least my app appears to be working correctly as far as the Device Manager screen goes. Thank you FURRYe38.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7