Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App Device Signal Strength Misleading?

amweiss
Tutor

Orbi App Device Signal Strength Misleading?

I have an RBS850 Satellite (the model options above doesn't have the latest products), connected to an RBR850 router. My computer is inches away from the satellite and showing a strong signal. If I go into the app and look at the devices it says my computer has an moderate signal (2 of 3 bars). Does anyone know why there is such a difference? The same thing happens for my iphone (strong signal on the phone, but moderate on the app). Thanks.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi App Device Signal Strength Misleading?

@amweiss wrote:

I have an RBS850 Satellite (the model options above doesn't have the latest products), connected to an RBR850 router. My computer is inches away from the satellite and showing a strong signal. If I go into the app and look at the devices it says my computer has an moderate signal (2 of 3 bars). Does anyone know why there is such a difference? The same thing happens for my iphone (strong signal on the phone, but moderate on the app). Thanks.

What firmware are you running as the latest RBR850 (Orbi Router) Firmware Version 3.2.17.12 fixes a lot of GUI and app issues. However, I find the app doesn't show signal strength very accurately.

Message 2 of 3
amweiss
Tutor

Re: Orbi App Device Signal Strength Misleading?

Thanks..I'll update the router and see if that helps...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7