Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App Doesn't connect to Router

Bruhas
Guide

Orbi App Doesn't connect to Router

This is the message I get on my Orbi app.  I restarted my router several times and my wifi and connected PCs all work fine, so does my phone that's connected to the wifi as well.

Why can't my app work?

Message 1 of 38

Accepted Solutions
Bruhas
Guide

Ok, so I just uninstalled the app for the 20th time and reinstalled it. A new version was downloaded, it looks a bit different. Bottom line, all is connected!!! Finally!! Thank you everyone for your help!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 38

All Replies
plemans
Guru

We've been seeing a lot of reports lately of app issues. 

Does it work fine if you log in through the browser and not the app?

Message 2 of 38
Bruhas
Guide

Yes, exactly. Tech support told me this morning it's a known app firmware issue that should be fixed in the next few days. We'll see...

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
Message 3 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 38
landofthefr55
Aspirant

I noticed that yesterday (5/7/2022) after I rebooted the my Orbi mesh system and couldn't reconnect via the Orbi app on Android... All my devices connected and worked just fine, however.
Message 5 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi app seems to be having problems recently. NG has been made aware. Please be patient. 

@landofthefr55 wrote:
I noticed that yesterday (5/7/2022) after I rebooted the my Orbi mesh system and couldn't reconnect via the Orbi app on Android... All my devices connected and worked just fine, however.

Message 6 of 38
ChrisMesSaTx
Tutor

Any update on this???  Anyone??  

Thanks much!

Message 7 of 38
Bruhas
Guide

As they say, "SOS", same old... Nothing connects, nothing has been fixed yet.
Message 8 of 38
vdma1
Initiate

I don’t believe them. This has been a problem for almost over a year. Most people probably haven’t noticed it because they don’t regularly login to their router.
Message 9 of 38
Bruhas
Guide

I checked again today.  Same story.  No connection.  This is BS.

Message 10 of 38
Grumpfish
Aspirant

Same deal here. I’m not sure if the attached is a joke or what? Total piss off.
Message 11 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 12 of 38
drdoz
Apprentice

Turning off private relay does seem to help, though disabling an OS feature seems a high price to pay.

Message 13 of 38
Seaboy
Aspirant

I have an android device, and I remembered I try to use "anyway access" feature when I was traveling (not connected to local network). When I got back home, my Orbi app can no longer connect router. I deleted the router and tried to add router again with no luck.

Anyone knows how to fix the problem?

Message 14 of 38
dbottoms
Aspirant

Just to share that my Orbi App suddenly started working today after traveling away from the home a couple days.  It ran some kind of vulnerability report and that's what I clicked on from the Apple report screen or whatever its called and it suddenly wanted me to re-create my profile as if it was a new install.  As far as I can tell the Orbi App hasn't updated as of May 30, 2022 and the only difference was I was away from the network for 2 days.  But I confirm its working.  I noticed a few icons are slightly different which is weird because like I said I'm not aware of any update.  The other nice change is devices around the house are spread more connected to multiple satellites now where as before they were all just connected to one single device.

Message 15 of 38
Bruhas
Guide

Ok, so I just uninstalled the app for the 20th time and reinstalled it. A new version was downloaded, it looks a bit different. Bottom line, all is connected!!! Finally!! Thank you everyone for your help!!!!!!!
Message 16 of 38
Amayhew
Aspirant

Still not fixed
Message 17 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

You gave us nothing to go off.
To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.
There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/td-p/2140980/jump-to/f...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-Web-Page-and-Orbi-app-Access-Status/td-p/2223085/jump...

@Amayhew wrote:
Still not fixed

Message 18 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working.  Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@Bruhas wrote:

Message 19 of 38
ChrisMesSaTx
Tutor

I’m sorry.  I’m trying to follow the thread here for final remedy.  What is it?  Uninstall and reinstall the app (I’m an IPhone user) multiple times?  Sign in with admin rights to the router and rollback the firmware version?   What is the final remedy to get the app working again. I’m sorry for missing it.  I appreciate the info. 

Message 20 of 38
drdoz
Apprentice

Turn off Private Relay, if it's on. That fixed it for me. Unacceptable as a long-term solution, though. I shouldn't have to neuter my phone's security to use my router.

Message 21 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you reviewed this?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-Web-Page-and-Orbi-app-Access-Status/td-p/2223085/jump...

@ChrisMesSaTx wrote:

I’m sorry.  I’m trying to follow the thread here for final remedy.  What is it?  Uninstall and reinstall the app (I’m an IPhone user) multiple times?  Sign in with admin rights to the router and rollback the firmware version?   What is the final remedy to get the app working again. I’m sorry for missing it.  I appreciate the info. 

Message 22 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

WIFi Private Address isn't really needed at home. Mostly beneficial while out site of the home traveling and connecting to wifi networks outside the home. It's not being neutered while your at home. It's only changing the MAC address to something random. WiFi security is still enabled. 

@drdoz wrote:

Turn off Private Relay, if it's on. That fixed it for me. Unacceptable as a long-term solution, though. I shouldn't have to neuter my phone's security to use my router.

Message 23 of 38
drdoz
Apprentice

Sure, I’ll turn it on/off every time I leave/come back. 

Message 24 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Apples feature. 

Message 25 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7