Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App, Easily Setup, Control and Monitor your Orbi Whole Home WiFi

BretD
Admin

Orbi App, Easily Setup, Control and Monitor your Orbi Whole Home WiFi

orbi-app-update.pngDo you have the Orbi App?

The NETGEAR Orbi app makes it easy to set up and personalize your Orbi WiFi System. With the app, you can install your mesh system in few steps - just connect your mobile device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once set up, you can use the intuitive dashboard to pause Internet on your connected devices, run a quick Internet speed test, setup smart parental controls and much more.

Download the Orbi App for your Orbi Whole Home WiFi System.

Network Management, just a tap away

1. One simple management dashboard - View the status of your network, notifications, and all the features your router offers.
  1. Pause WiFi for your connected devices - View a list of your connected devices with the ability to pause and resume Internet access.
  1. Internet Speed Test - Check the broadband speeds from your service provider.
  1. Setup Smart Parental Controls - Enable Circle® with Disney to easily manage content and time online for every family member.
  1. And more…

Orbi Pro users go here for the Insight Network Management App:

Message 1 of 19
Dittim
Tutor

My Orbi app used to provide stats on data useage.  but all of a sudden, the history is gone!  the Orbi has been up for 70 days so not sure what happened - was there a change made on the app?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 19
Paulleyva1977
Aspirant

I have the satellite in my room n my Xbox1x is hooked up to it thru WiFi. Can I or should I just run a Ethernet cord from the satellite to my Xbox?. And can I tell some how if their is a good clean connection between the router n the satellite.??
Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 3 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, you can ethernet connect the xbox to the satellite.

Check Connected Devcies on the routers web page for status of signal of the Satellite connection. You can check the status as well form the satellites web page as well.

@Paulleyva1977wrote:
I have the satellite in my room n my Xbox1x is hooked up to it thru WiFi. Can I or should I just run a Ethernet cord from the satellite to my Xbox?. And can I tell some how if their is a good clean connection between the router n the satellite.??

Message 4 of 19
Chemo29
Guide

You should add this disclaimer:

However, the app will only work intermittently, if ever, because your ORBI will keep dropping the Wifi and internet connection.

Message 5 of 19
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Chemo29wrote:

You should add this disclaimer:

However, the app will only work intermittently, if ever, because your ORBI will keep dropping the Wifi and internet connection.

This has not been true for me. The Orbi has been more stable than any other router I've had in the past 15 years. I know it's sarcasm, but it's only true for a minority of users on here that the Orbi has been unstable for some unknown reason most likely due to environment.

Message 6 of 19
AniDutta
Apprentice

Orbi app is useless in AP mode. Why can't the app have the functionality to pause internet in AP mode? Even Circle doesn't work on AP mode.
Message 7 of 19
budy
Luminary

@AniDuttawrote:
Orbi app is useless in AP mode. Why can't the app have the functionality to pause internet in AP mode? Even Circle doesn't work on AP mode.

This has to be expected. To perform any kind of traffic inspection or filtering, the Orbi has to become a router. You can setup your Orbi like that, but then you would have all your devices - and this includes the wired ones, to be connected to the Orbi system.

This would also introduce double-NAT into your network, which will give you some headaches with UPnP since the actual router in front of your Orbi, which would also need to act on UPnP wouldn't know that.

So un less you can't - or don't want, to exchange your internet facing router with the Orbi router, you will have to let go of the Circles app and use the Orbi just as what it can provide in AP mode.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 8 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have a different router ahead of the Orbi router and want to run the Orbi router in Router Mode and take advantage of the app features, I recommend configuring the 1st routers DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the 1st router. Input this IP address into the 1st routers DMZ. This will help with a double NAT condition, then configure your Orbi router for Router mode, then you should be able to take more advantage of the app features.

@AniDuttawrote:

Message 9 of 19
TTTraylor
Aspirant

Regarding the Orbi App for iPhone, all functions seem to work fine for me EXCEPT, the speed test was working great when first installed.  Now that function continues to notify me CONNECTION FAILED, even though I have a strong connection, confirmed by my external and separate speed test ap.  Hasn't worked since Day One.  Anyone else have that issue or a solution?  

Thanks.  

Message 10 of 19
Seattleeric
Initiate

I have exactly the same issue as @TTTraylor. I was able to test speed for two days now I get Connection Failed message even though I have connectivity. I’ve tried rebooting the router and it has not helped.
Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System
Message 11 of 19
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Same here.

Message 12 of 19
do33grs
Aspirant

Speed test fails here as well. Just set up system today.
Message 13 of 19
tsgt2007
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my I phone. I can not check the speed of the internet with the app. I receive an error message as well. I think it was the Apple lastest iOS update that screwed it up.
Message 14 of 19
TTTraylor
Aspirant

That's a good observation.  I am using iPhone X.  Could very well be the issue.  

Message 15 of 19
budy
Luminary

Yeah - seems to be an iOS issue. My Orbi is still on 2.1.2.18 and my iPhone X won't run the speedtest anymore using the Orbi app. That worked before the iOS update, so probably this is not Orbi's fault… well… at least this time. 😉

Message 16 of 19
budy
Luminary

Well… no… 😉  I just ran the speedtest from within the RBR40 and that didn't work as well. Seems to be an issue with Ookla or the way the Orbi tries to connect to their servers, as their speedtest seems to work generally. However, Ookla's servers seem to have undergone some facelifting and maybe that's the cause.

Message 17 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

@budy wrote:

Yeah - seems to be an iOS issue. My Orbi is still on 2.1.2.18 and my iPhone X won't run the speedtest anymore using the Orbi app. That worked before the iOS update, so probably this is not Orbi's fault… well… at least this time. 😉

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Connection-Failure-on-Speed-Test/m-p/1550252#M28113

Run any speeds tests with a PC and a browser or the Ookla speedtest.net app from a mobile phone until the Orbi app and any onboard router apps are fixed. NG is aware of the issue. This is a service issue with NG.

Message 18 of 19
budy
Luminary

Yeah, I figured that out just after I hit the reply button. 😉

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 13 in conversation