Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App Keeps stopping

Doug-48051
Luminary

Orbi App Keeps stopping

Last week my Android Galaxy S7 updated my Orbi Wifi Application. The App launches and then crashes. It doesnt even get to past the Orbi splash screen on the phone.  I have uninstalled and re-install the Orbi Wifi App from the Google Play Store Version 2.11.5.1716  - Error Message - ORBI KEEPS STOPPING

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi App Keeps stopping

What Orbi model do you have? RBK###?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update using a wired PC and web browser to setup the RBR and not the orbi app?

Message 2 of 9
Doug-48051
Luminary

I have the WiFi 6 plus one SAT. I can access the settings through my browser but not through the phone app. The phone was working fine until my phone did a update of the Netgear Orbi phone app.

Requesting that I do a complete network setup and reconfig. seems odd since the only thing that cant connect is the phone app (after doing a phone app update)

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

RBK###?

Message 4 of 9
KYDixie
Tutor

updated Orbi app through Google Play. .. Now the app just stalls. Went in through browser and all is good. All devices connected, great speed, etc . But the app is broken.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Un-install the app, reboot the mobile device, then re-install it and check again? 

Try installing the app on a different mobile device as well if you have one. 

@KYDixie wrote:
updated Orbi app through Google Play. .. Now the app just stalls. Went in through browser and all is good. All devices connected, great speed, etc . But the app is broken.

Message 6 of 9
KYDixie
Tutor

That seemed to fix it. Will try it from other devices later on today, unless I don't update the app on them 🤨
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 8 of 9

@Doug-48051 wrote:

Last week my Android Galaxy S7 updated my Orbi Wifi Application. The App launches and then crashes.

Several similar reports around here.

It seems to depend on the Android device involved, with Samsung devices particularly prone.

The same issue hit Netgear and Orbi apps.

WHY DOES THE NIGHTHAWK APP CRASH BEFORE IT EVEN OP... - NETGEAR Communities

That's the first one that I found.

One solution that I can't find now was to locate and install the previous version of the app.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7