Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App NO longer worker after Iphone 14.0.1 upgrade

seckersl
Star

Orbi App NO longer worker after Iphone 14.0.1 upgrade

First , I love the Mesh WiFi. We upgraded from a Nighthawk 6 months ago and everything including Orbi App (which is also great) was all working smoothly until..........I upgraded my iPhone 11 to 14.01 yesterday.

Iphone 14.01 brings extra security and each app must specifically ask for access to the "local network" , when I first opened the Orbi app after the upgrade indeed the app warned me that I must grant permission and the app will ask me to do so on next screen or screens...................IT NEVER DID ask for access to "Local Network"  in the process. On checking Orbi app permissions , it shows Local Network had not been requested and indeed in Iphone settings under Privacy/Local Network it shows that Orbi never asked for permissions. After the upgrade I could only randomly access my network through Orbi App using "Anywhere Access" but this only worked about 10% of time, most of the time I got spinning wheel.

I have rebooted/reset router several times - no difference

I have deleted the Orbi App and reinstalled it 10 times and now Orbi has locked me out as I have requested 2 factor authorization too many times.

I have tried accessing my network from 2 different computers either Chrome or Edge and clearing cache/cookies and all i get are 400 bad server or 500 internal server errors

I upgraded Orbi firmware several weeks – but cannot tell what version I am on as I can’t access it due to 400/500 errors.

I was on latest version of Orbi App, but due to lock out cannot go any further.

Can anyone help me……………….

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 13
Sandi19
Aspirant

I feel your pain.  I just installed this and no one told me app didn't work on OS 14.01 until I asked someone in this community today.  In addition, since I have owned the RBR750 for 3 days, I have spent hours on the phone with 2 different support people and no one said it.  In fact, one person tried to tell me my phone was broken.  Never explained the issue was the latest version of the IOS.   I guess we just need to wait until they fix it. 

Message 2 of 13
seckersl
Star

Pity, Its a super piece of hardware and I loved the App....We need a fix

Message 3 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We recently released a new Orbi app version for iOS. Please reinstall/update the Orbi app.

Christian 

Message 4 of 13
seckersl
Star

Hi. Is there a later version to 2.6.5.1. This is the version I am on. It looks like it’s the latest. In which case I am still Orbi Appless
Message 5 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi seckersl,

Orbi app version 2.6.6.0 was released today. 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/netgear-orbi/id1182184397

Christian 

Message 6 of 13
Sandi19
Aspirant

I have an RBR750 - Not in the picklist for the subject line.

So I was happy to hear app was fixed.  Downloaded and it will not accept my admin password.  I am 100% this is my password.  However, tried to reset by going to ORBILogin.com and I was asked for my 2 security answers.  I put both answers in and it does not recognize it.  

My router seems to be working fine, so I hesitate to mess with it, but fear if something ever does go wrong, I will have no way to fix it.   I am at a loss.  I am not a total idiot I promise.  I know my password.  I also know my security questions.  This makes no sense.  

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 13
seckersl
Star

Thanks Christian. Just downloaded it and it appears to work. Interestingly though it still shows in the privacy /Local Network that Orbi has not requested access to Local network and looking at the app itself it also does not show that Local Access is a line item. However I no longer need to use Anywhere Acesss. Thanks for your help
Message 8 of 13
seckersl
Star

Hi Sandi. I had similar issues. I did a router reset after I could not logon via pc. The reset did not fix the pc issue until I then rebooted the Router.
Message 9 of 13
fmalloy
Luminary

Hi @Christian_R ,

@Christian_R wrote:

Hi seckersl,

Orbi app version 2.6.6.0 was released today. 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/netgear-orbi/id1182184397

Christian 

Now iOS v2.6.7.0 appears to be broken. After upgrading I get "Detecting Product" upon launch, where it spins for a while before reporting that it cannot connect to my network. Previous version 2.6.6.0 worked fine, nothing else changed except the app update. I can only connect using Anywhere Access. I killed and relaunched the app but no success.

Can you fix this?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 10 of 13
seckersl
Star

I get the same problem now , it was all fixed untill last night  (though i note Orbi app has lost some of its free functionality) and then i upgraded my router firmware last night V2.7.1.60 and Orbi App now on 2.6.70. so now I get the spinning wheel when i click on device manager and then eventually errors out with a pop up "Sorry, the action was failed . Please try again (Code CDIL-API-FAIL) "

Message 11 of 13
Isnt
Star

@seckersl wrote:

I get the same problem now , it was all fixed untill last night  (though i note Orbi app has lost some of its free functionality) and then i upgraded my router firmware last night V2.7.1.60 and Orbi App now on 2.6.70. so now I get the spinning wheel when i click on device manager and then eventually errors out with a pop up "Sorry, the action was failed . Please try again (Code CDIL-API-FAIL) "

I am also facing this app issue with the same error message. This started when I updated my router to firmware 2.7.1.60

Message 12 of 13
Isnt
Star

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7