Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App Not Working Properly

lass
Follower

Orbi App Not Working Properly

The orbi app does not seem to be showing devices connected to the satelite units.  When I click on the network map and select one of my satelites, it shows no devices connected.  When I go into the router settings as a web page and look at the connected devices, it does appear that there are devices connected to the satelite.  Howeve, it does not say which satelite a device is connected to.  I know these items worked in the past.  Now I am not sure what is correct.  Is anyone else seeing this same issue?  Any fix?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 17
CrimpOn
Guru

On the Orbi web interface, the Attached Devices page shows the Connected Satellites at the top.

Each satellite shows a MAC address.

In the Connected Devices below, items that are connected to the Orbi and satellites show the MAC address of the unit they are connected to.  If there are devices connected to more than one satellite, then some should show different MAC addresses than others.

There is an entire community forum devoted to the Orbi "app".

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app 

Message 2 of 17
Orbipain
Guide

I have downloaded the most recent app and I have to say that it sucks. Nothing that it says is anyway near reliable. It shows my sattelite unit as offline but the IP shows that it is online. Even the deivice count is way way off. I am using 2.5.0.40 F/W and the newest 2.4.10.9 app. Come on Netgear!

Message 3 of 17
TheFutureMe
Aspirant

I am also noticing when updating the attached devices list, the changes don't fully take. I just installed hotfix 2.5.040 and I'm on 2.2.10.527 of the Android app. My list is also incomplete as well and shows MAC addresses which aren't on my network. Hoping for another firmware update soon!

Message 4 of 17
MachoMan85
Initiate

I’m having the same problem, I purchased the new AX6000 RBR852 and says no devices connected when looking at both router or satellite on the network map. Paid $699 for this product and the app doesn’t even work. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!
Message 5 of 17
CrimpOn
Guru

@MachoMan85 wrote:
I’m having the same problem, I purchased the new AX6000 RBR852 and says no devices connected when looking at both router or satellite on the network map. Paid $699 for this product and the app doesn’t even work. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Suggestions:

Message 6 of 17
Ukgrauel
Initiate

Since updating my firmware to v2.5.1.8, my orbi phone app no longer shows devices connected to router or satellites on network map. Does anyone else have thos problem?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 7 of 17
caremd99
Aspirant

Even with the latest update the ORBI app 2.4.21.5 IOS still doesn’t show any connections with RBR50 v2.5.1.8
Message 8 of 17
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Ukgrauel & caremd99, 

May you try performing a factory reset on the Orbi units and let me know if your issue persists. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 9 of 17
caremd99
Aspirant

Factory reset as requested. No change.
Message 10 of 17
caremd99
Aspirant

Message 11 of 17
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello caremd99, 

Thanks for taking the time to perform a reset on your units. I'd like for our Support Team to look into this further. If you'd like to be contacted, please send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian

Message 12 of 17
RafS
Apprentice

Hey.  I have the same problem and in my situation, I narrowed it down to one device, my Denon AVR-X4500H.  When that device is not connected to the network, all devices show up in the device list of both the router and the satellite, but as soon as the Denon joins the group, everything freaks out and all devices disappear from the router and satellite and in the Device Manager screen, the devices are no longer sorted by the band that they are connected to but simply by WIRED or WIRELESS.  I had the RBK53 kit before i got the RBK852 and it did not behave in this manner at all.  I don't believe this is an app issue. 

Message 13 of 17
caremd99
Aspirant

Just to close the loop the Support Team did help me out. I am running a beta version of firmware and now the app shows everything properly.
Message 14 of 17
Orbisbig
Aspirant

I have this same issue and since I updated the firmware I have nothing but issues with a brand new system less than a month old. Worked great before this recent update.
Message 15 of 17
JEM72
Aspirant

I'm having this same issue.  App shows Satellites as not connected although it clearly sees them showing in the network map.  They all show firmware each V2.5.1.8.  Just started with the last update.  Reset satellites, resynched or tried too...nothing but not connected.

Message 16 of 17
caremd99
Aspirant

2.5.1.8 did not work for me. After updating to 2.5.1.16 it works for me. Remember to save the config to your PC before updating and then reload the config after the update. Also it took a few minutes or so after the system was rebooted before the app showed the correct display. I assume it was uploading new info from the ORBI.
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7