Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App Question

SYamamoto
Follower

Orbi App Question

I have a question about the Parental Controls section, specifically the history and filtered sites areas.  When I see certain websites listed on the filtered sites section, does that mean a person actually tried to access those sites, or can they show up on the list without anybody having searched for them?  If they had accessed those sites in the past, can that cause them to show up even if nobody has been trying to access them recently?  If so, is there any way to stop that?  I want to know if I have to see the titles of those sites forever, or is there a way to purge it?  I want them to STOP.  Can anybody help, or is this an impossible request?

Thank you for any insight you can offer!

Message 1 of 3

Re: Orbi App Question

@SYamamoto wrote:

I have a question about the Parental Controls section....

This comes in various flavours. If you mean the Circle, paid for thing, try here:

Circle Smart Parental Controls - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi App Question

@SYamamoto wrote:

I want to know if I have to see the titles of those sites forever, or is there a way to purge it?  I want them to STOP.  Can anybody help, or is this an impossible request?

@michaelkenward is correct that the first step is to identify which of Netgear's Parental Controls this is:

These forums do not appear to be very active (to me), but if anyone sees a post there, at least they will have shown an interest in the product, unlike these general forums where it's really "hit or miss" who is using Parental Controls.

One thing I have had a hard time adjusting to in the world of smartphone apps is the tendancy of hiding features inside the "cookie menu" (those three horizontal bars in an upper corner) and the concept of "long pressing" something to bring up a menu of choices. (Like when I want to get rid of a text message or 'share' a photo.)  Maybe the Parental Controls app has similar behavior?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7