Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App Remote Management Not Enabling

pgbauer
Initiate

Orbi App Remote Management Not Enabling

Hi, eveytime I go into my Orbi App on my iPhone and go to settings to enable remote management - when I move the slider it then comes up with a error message that states "Something went wrong, sorry about this. Please try again." I have rebooted the orbi gateway, rebooted my phone and tried many times to enable the remote function on my orbi app with the same outcome - help needed to fix this please & thank-you. My system is a Orbi Pro SRR60 Gateway & 1 x Pro Satellite both have the up to date firmware installed. System is running in router mode.

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

pgbauer, 

Please refer to page 125 of the user manual to set up remote mangement. 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRK60/SRK60_UM_EN.pdf

Christian 

Message 2 of 13
pgbauer
Initiate

Hi Christian,

Does this mean that the Orbi App on my iPhone will not be able to have remote management set-up on it and that I can only set it up within the router and then access with the IP address's I set up within the router. Thanks for your help with this, very much appriecated.

Message 3 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi pgbauer, 

After setting up remote management, you can move forward with setting up remote access on the Orbi app. I have linked an article for directions. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000058240/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-remote-access-on-my-Orbi-router

Christian

Message 4 of 13
TerryNall
Guide

Christian,

I have the identical problem and it only developed in the last couple of months.  Previously, my Orbi App connected remotely with no issue.  But it is now stopped. I've reinstalled the app, but no luck.  When choosing "enable remote management" part of the Orbi App, the error message noted earlier is this thread is all I receive.  The app connects just fine when I'm home and on the wi-fi setting.  It's only the remote management part of the Orbi App that has stopped working.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 5 of 13
jkfcb1975
Guide

The remote management section is greyed out and inaccessile in the web admin for my SRR60 so there's no way to re-enable it.  It was working for quite some time but it appears to be the iOS app update that did it.

Would love to get this working again!

Message 6 of 13
mrjmartin
Aspirant

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an option for the model:  SRR60.  I'm also having this issue, and it's occurred for the past several months.  Thought it was firewall related, but it seems it isn't.  Any recommendations at all?  I've already enabled the remote management option within the browser.  However, adding remote management doesn't seem to change the option within the app.  Each time I try within the app, I receive, "Something Went Wrong".  There was a problem enabling Remote Management, please try again or enable later.  Note:  If you factor reset your router, you must re-enable remote management.  This is a new router, and I've already factor reset it with the same issue.  Thanks.

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 7 of 13
jkfcb1975
Guide

Remote management used to be enabled on mine and worked.  But after an App update not long ago it stopped working.  I think they just keep quiet until they have a fix instead of owning up to it and saying there's an issue and we'll take care of it ASAP.

Message 8 of 13
afrenchche
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue on my brand new Orbi RBR850 WiFi6 router & satellite. I can go to routerlogin.net and activate the remote management option, but on the Orbi app, the slider moves right (on position) for a brief moment, then slides back to the left (off position) on its own. Remote access is NOT working on the Orbi App!

Thanks for looking into this.

Andrew

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 9 of 13
SIVAD
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.   HELP PLEASE 

Message 10 of 13
schumaku
Guru

The initial post by @pgbauer talks of Orbi App and an Orbi Pro router. The Orbi App is not supported on the Orni Pro, the Insight App must be used instead.

Unluckily, @Christian_R jumped in with a reply referring to the Remote Access by exposing a port to the wild Internet. Remote Access (by exposed port on the WAN) and Remote Management (today named Anywhere Access) where the router does establish a connection to the Netgear cloud are two complete different things. With Anywhere Access, the authenticated user (by it's Netgear account) is able to esablish an App management session over the cloud to the router.

@afrenchche wrote:

I'm having the same issue on my brand new Orbi RBR850 WiFi6 router & satellite. I can go to routerlogin.net and activate the remote management option, but on the Orbi app, the slider moves right (on position) for a brief moment, then slides back to the left (off position) on its own.

Here again, two complete different features. The here named Remote Management labeled feature does open a port to the Internet, where a Web browser can be used to access the system. The slider in the App named Anywhere Access should allow the router to establish a connection to the cloud, where the App can connect to to control the router.

Possible reasons why the Anywhere Access can't be enabled are temporary outages, ISP DNS restricting/blocking some Netgear cloud DNS names, and the like.

Message 11 of 13
jkfcb1975
Guide

The Anywhere Access used to work just fine... The issue with not having it and being told to use the Insight App is that Orbi Pro Satellites cann;t be dealt with within Insight in the same manner as they were able to be in the Orbi App.

I was originally told specifically to use the Orbi App in regards to satellites because of this.  Unless they've changed something I still need to access them via the Orbi App.  When I am onsite and on that network the Orbi App can access and control the Orbi Pro, but without anywhere access I cannot do anything remotely.  Orbi App currently shows all my satellites connected and working just fine while i am at my clients but the Insight app shows them as disconnected...

Message 12 of 13
yogann
Aspirant

Any update to this issue ?  thanks

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements