Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App Speed Test

Scott_K
Guide

Orbi App Speed Test

I have just gotten an Orbi system to replace my failing Nighthawk X10.  I have a 1Gb/1Gb fiber to the modem connection provided by the town I live in.  On the speed test app on the Nighthawk app, I would routinely get 930Mbps/960Mbps.  On the Orbi app speed test, I have never gotten higher than 501Mbps/820Mbps.  I called my service provider yesterday to check on my connection and everything is working well and it is showing1Gb to the modem.

Is there a problem with the speed test on the app?  I went back and forth trying to decide between getting another Netgear or Linksys router or getting an Orbi mesh system.  I decided to try the Orbi because the information on it says that it provides the fastest connection on both the router and the satellite.  Speed tests have been a bit underwhelming and haven't been able to touch what I got from the Nighthawk.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi App Speed Test

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Be sure to LAN wired speed test from a PC using Ooklas installable speed test app to check speed with a PC thru the RBR. 

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 5
KMDonlon
Luminary

I have a symmetrical fiber connection as well, I have no issue with the app. Perhaps clear the apps cache.
Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Either case, the Speedtest is run direct on the device, e.g. the Orbi router/primary AP resp. the R9000 router. The App is just providing a user interface, allowing to remote control the test, to present the last result, and as well a lit of the recent tests.

Message 4 of 5
Koppenhoefer
Tutor

#RBR850 (not in the Model pulldown list)
Just a #MeToo about the Orbi App Speed Test showing #unreliableResults
We have 50Mbps connection here,.. The app consistently shows values between 0-9Mbps whereas all other apps on intranet devices show 45-55Mbps. The app used to work a week ago, but now it can't be trusted (2020.04).

cheers

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7