Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App and 2 routers

RicS123
Aspirant

Orbi App and 2 routers

I have 2 separate routers in 2 homes. I asked Geek Squad if I would be able to set up the 2nd router on the same app and they said yes (based on competitors ability to do so). When setting up the 2nd one I was prompted to create a second account but on the same app (it promoted “add account”). I’m back in home 1 and can’t log in to home 1. When setting up home 2 I was promoted to set up as “admin” so I did. Now when I try to log in to the app, the user is defaulted to “admin” and I can’t change it or the account. So, my login does not work I. Home 1, I assume because I’m not connected to the WiFi of home 2 which is where the “admin” account is set up. Any help/ suggestions? Should I uninstall the app, What will happen if I uninstall the app and reinstall? Don’t know what to do .... 🤷🏻‍♂️
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
RicS123
Aspirant

Hello Again - I got in!  I followed instructions for resetting password to the admin.  It worked and I can now get into the app and i can see both routers from the home screen.  

Thank you!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

You didn't need to create another account, just would have added it to the Orbi app when you walked thru the initial setup of the Orbi system and it would added it to the app I believe automatically while you were signed in under the 1st account. Then you can switch between them by selecting the little Home icon upper left corner, then then on the first selected RBR seen with Connected Locally which if you select this will reveal a list of connected devices Orbi app is associated with. When you got home the app will auto switch between what it sees when it's connected. 

Try selecting account management under the home screen of the app and then on this page, select Log Out and sign back in with the 1st account you had. 

Message 2 of 5
RicS123
Aspirant

Hello Guru, thanks for the reply. So I was logged in to the first account and it did automatically add the second home. Maybe the problem is the “admin” set up that I was prompted when setting up the 2nd router (note, I don’t recall that I had that prompt when I set up the 1st router, but maybe I’m not remembering, it’s been a while). But now, when I launch the orbi app, from home 1 , I briefly get the RBR connected locally screen (literally it’s a flash) and it then immediately takes me to the “admin sign in.” From there I can’t do anything. I can’t sign in (I know the password, and I used fingerprint sign in also, so that’s not the issue). I can’t log in so I assume I’m already logged out. I don’t have the option to select home or any other item. I can’t even change the sign in from admin to something else- it doesn’t allow me to populate that field. Very confused... and frustrated. Please let me know if any other suggestions- appreciate your effort.
Message 3 of 5
RicS123
Aspirant

Hello Again - I got in!  I followed instructions for resetting password to the admin.  It worked and I can now get into the app and i can see both routers from the home screen.  

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Please mark your thread as solved so other will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7