Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App bug - reviewing connected devices, the app does not allow scrolling to the very bottom.

gobananasnet
Apprentice

Orbi App bug - reviewing connected devices, the app does not allow scrolling to the very bottom.

Orbi app bug - reviewing connected devices, the app does not allow scrolling to the very bottom. It cuts it off.

Message 1 of 21
Wokane
Guide

Re: Orbi App bug - reviewing connected devices, the app does not allow scrolling to the very bottom.

Same issue, latest version of Android on a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 21
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello gobananasnet & Wokane, 

What model number and firmware version is your router currently on? If you're able to check, does the issue occur on the iOS app?

Regards,

Christian 

Message 3 of 21
gobananasnet
Apprentice

Up to date firmware and software.

Android app, not iOS.

Message 4 of 21
Wokane
Guide

Same here. Orbi RBR50, Firmware v2.5.1.16.
Message 5 of 21
Wokane
Guide

App version 2.6.1.1217
Message 6 of 21
Wokane
Guide

Now running app version 2.6.2.1239, and still seeing the same issue.
Message 7 of 21
haverdude
Tutor

Same here, everything updated app STILL messed up, can't scroll through entire list of connected devices. This is the last netgear product I will buy. I have no confidence in a company that cannot be responsive and that does not offer a reasonable support period. A buggy app just compounds the problem. Next time it's Ubiqiti - my friends that have that brand have none of these stupid problems.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 8 of 21
Wokane
Guide

Still on v1239 of the app, but the addition of the parental controls in a new version of the router firmware (2.7.0.70 - pushed out about a week ago) appears to have resolved the issue, though the display is now less attractive overall.
Message 9 of 21
gobananasnet
Apprentice

Actually the problem is still there unchanged, at least that is the case with the current/latest Android app.

Message 10 of 21
richromerman
Guide

I also cannot scroll down the device list in the Orbi App under "Network Map". 

Orbi Android App Version: 2.6.2.1239

RBR50 Firmware: V2.5.1.16

Phone: Samsung Note 9 - Android 10 - One UI Version 2.1

Thanks in advance for fixing!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 11 of 21
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi richromerman, 

May you update your Orbi to the latest firmware version and let us know if your issue persists. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR50.aspx#RBR50%20(Orbi%20Router)%20Firmware%20Version%202....)

Christian 

Message 12 of 21
richromerman
Guide

Hey, Christian_R NETGEAR Moderator

I still have the issue after I updated both the router and the satellites to V2.7.0.70. When I downloaded the app on my kid's IOS iPad, there is no scrolling issue at all so it seems to be an Android App issue. 

Please advise/help. Thank you, 

@Christian_R wrote:

Hi richromerman, 

May you update your Orbi to the latest firmware version and let us know if your issue persists. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR50.aspx#RBR50%20(Orbi%20Router)%20Firmware%20Version%202....)

Christian 

Message 13 of 21
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@richromerman - Thanks for confirming. May you provide a screenshot of what reflects on your screen for us to check further. 

Christian 

Message 14 of 21
gobananasnet
Apprentice

This is as far as it will scroll to the bottom of the list, unknow what is below it. I will aslo follow up with a screen shot showing the version number. This is on an Android 9.1 device.

Message 15 of 21
gobananasnet
Apprentice

Here is the version screen shot.

Message 16 of 21
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@gobananasnet - Thanks for sharing. May you power cycle your router and reinstall the Orbi app. 

Christian 

Message 17 of 21
gobananasnet
Apprentice

Did that and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and nothing changed. The app needs fixing.

Message 18 of 21
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@gobananasnet - Thanks for confirming. I'd like for our support team to reach out for further assistance. If you wish to be contacted, please send me a private message with your contact info. 

Christian 

Message 19 of 21
richromerman
Guide

Still an issue with me too @gobananasnet
I did the email to support and they have nothing besides telling us to do a hard reset on the router.
Message 20 of 21
Mmmmad
Tutor

I am having a similar and more frustrating problem on my iPhone. When using the app and reviewing devices I turned off an older iPad I then changed my mind and wanted to switch it back on but the device no longer showed up.  I did NOTHING else but then my phone could no longer connect to wi-fi via the routers.  The orbi certicate is no longer trusted even though it's not expired.  All of our other devices connect with no problems except for my older ipad which is totally blocked. 

I called support who wouldn't help unless I paid $90 or more for a support package.

Using App as intended has messed up my phone.  

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 21 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7