Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App can’t detect Product

Stan19
Aspirant

Orbi App can’t detect Product

My network is working fine. I wanted to change the password. But, the App can’t connect to the Orbi using my iPhone 12 with latest iOS and updated version of the Orbi App. I tried using the browser but I can’t get past the sign-in dialog box. I enter info and it just comes back with the same dialog box.
I cannot lose my wifi Network right now. Do I reboot the router? Do I create a new System Set up? Apparently this is an issue that others are having. So Netgear, what’s the fix.

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi App can’t detect Product

Change which password?

• WiFi sign-on credentials password?
  • Web administration password?
Message 2 of 5
Stan19
Aspirant

The Wifi network password.
Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

The WiFi credentials can be changed using both the Orbi app and the web interface.  There is a chance that you have been manipulated into trying to use the wrong credentials to access the app (see below at the end).

If not, then the only way to gain access to the Orbi is to perform a Factory Reset and start over.  Would have to do this when the network can be unavailable for a little time.  In addition, every WiFi device will have to be reconfigured to use the new credentials.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Netgear’s Orbi product has three sets of credentials.

Orbi itself comes “out of the box” with two sets of credentials:

• A WiFi name (SSID) and password that are printed on the product label.
    (On the bottom of the product)
    Many users change these to something they like better.
    If the router is “Factory Reset”, the WiFi returns to these values.
    WiFi credentials can be changed from both the Orbi ‘app’ and the Orbi web interface.
  • The Orbi web administration interface has user name “admin” (which cannot be changed)
    and password “password” (lower case). During setup using the web interface, the user
    Is badgered into changing the password to something “more secure”.
    The web credentials can be changed using the web administration.  There appears to no method to change the web password using the Orbi ‘app’.

The Orbi “app” uses the customer’s Netgear login and password.  Sometimes the Orbi app will require the user to log in and will helpfully suggest credentials, including “admin” and various email addresses that it has learned in the past

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure any Wifi Private IP address randomizers are disabled on phones and pads while at home:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7