Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can’t find router

elufkin
Guide

Orbi App completely not working

Yesterday my app all of a sudden couldnt locate my RB50 router but could locate the 2 satellites. Got the grey light for router and green for satellites. I could also see all of my devices and internet still worked. Tried to trouble shoot and tried to search for any firmware updates through the app but kept gettting an error and to skip. So I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and now I can't set my router up at all through the app. Keeps saying router not found but my wifi is working. I just can't use my app at all at this point. Also cannot log in as admin via the web either. Any help/recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 114

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi App completely not working

FYI for Apple device users;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Others have reported doing a factory reset and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser first on the RBR, once it's setup, try accessing with the Orbi app. 

@Rmalibu wrote:

Orbi app not connecting to router but Wi-Fi working

Does anyone know if netgear aware of this problem and working on a fix?

View solution in original post

Message 67 of 114

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@elufkin wrote:

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and now I can't set my router up at all through the app. Keeps saying router not found but my wifi is working. I just can't use my app at all at this point. Also cannot log in as admin via the web either.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but setting up the router and accessing the router are two different things.  In order to "set up" the router, all user configuration would have to be erased (Factory Reset).  This would be disruptive to say the least.

Alas, you may be facing a Factory Reset anyway.  When a login to the web interface is rejected three times in a row, the Password Reset screen comes up and offers to reset the password when given the router serial number and correct response to some security questions.  The very first time I attempted this process, I could never get it to accept my responses.  Did the Factory Reset and during the next setup I was very deliberate about (a) pulling down the security question choices (b) picking one and (c) writing down the exact way I entered the response.  Once the router was going again, I forced a password reset by entering a bad password three times in a row, and the password reset worked correctly. (I set the password to what it was all along. No requirement to 'change'.)

Message 2 of 114
elufkin
Guide

Sorry for the confusion. My router is already set up and working I just can't access it throught the app. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled but it says "router not found" so I can't access or view my network through the app.

Message 3 of 114
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi App completely went to sh*t

The phone/tablet running the Orbi app is connected to the Orbi primary WiFi network, correct? (not the guest network)

Do you have another device that the app can be loaded on?  (I have the app on two smartphones and two tablets.)

Message 4 of 114
plemans
Guru

Are you on iOS? If so, make sure icloud relay, random ip/mac is disabled. 

Those can cause connection issues. 

Message 5 of 114
elufkin
Guide

Yes, I'm connected to my primary network not the guest wifi. I'll try and add the app to my iPad.

Message 6 of 114
elufkin
Guide

I'm on iOS. I saw that from a previous post and have disabled the icloud relay but that didn't make any differences.

Message 7 of 114
CrimpOn
Guru

@elufkin wrote:

Got the grey light for router and green for satellites.

I rather imagine that with the app no longer being able to find the router, it is too late to take a screen shot of this grey circle?

I cannot find anyone who has ever seen that color on the app.

Message 8 of 114
elufkin
Guide

Also here’s some screen shots. The first is router not found and then when I try connect anywhere it says device disconnected.
Message 9 of 114
elufkin
Guide

Message 10 of 114
elufkin
Guide

Now it’s saying WIFI not detected but I’m in the Orbi WiFi.
Message 11 of 114
CrimpOn
Guru

@elufkin wrote:
Now it’s saying WIFI not detected but I’m in the Orbi WiFi.

Most smartphones display the WiFi symbol at the top of the page.  It is sort of unusual to see a phone with neither the WiFi nor the LTE symbol next to the battery icon.

Message 12 of 114
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

Message 13 of 114
elufkin
Guide

Not sure why it wasn’t there before but it is there.
Message 14 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

I know this is for an Orbi system, however you might give this a try as it worked for me in getting the Nighthawk app connected. Might work same for Orbi app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works/m-p/2216...

@elufkin wrote:

Yesterday my app all of a sudden couldnt locate my RB50 router but could locate the 2 satellites. Got the grey light for router and green for satellites. I could also see all of my devices and internet still worked. Tried to trouble shoot and tried to search for any firmware updates through the app but kept gettting an error and to skip. So I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and now I can't set my router up at all through the app. Keeps saying router not found but my wifi is working. I just can't use my app at all at this point. Also cannot log in as admin via the web either. Any help/recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Message 15 of 114
ft765
Aspirant

I have two iPhones one has been updated and one has not. The one running the latest IOS is not connecting to the router and shows a error message that is not connected. The one running the older IOS is running the app just fine.

Message 16 of 114
whadzinaname
Initiate

I have the same issue. I have the Orbi RBR750. I am connected to the internet, but can’t connect to the Orbi router. The app nor the webpage work (I get a connection refused error). Any pointers?
Message 17 of 114
Toru6010
Initiate

Exact the same here. As of yesterday night, my RBR750 does not connect anymore , while the satellites do. I tried various reboots but it doesn’t help.
Message 18 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you disabled WiFi Private IP address and Limit IP Address Tracking on any Apple Devices? 

@Toru6010 @whadzinaname 

Message 19 of 114
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

That does nothing. Still no access thru app or website.

Message 20 of 114
elufkin
Guide

Same here, have you tried a factory reset and reinstall? I'm debating now whether or not to try it.

Message 21 of 114
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

I have not tried factory reset. If you do, please post results.

thanks

Message 22 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if this process I did on the NH app works for the Orbi app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works-gt-Try-T...

Message 23 of 114
MB_Love
Apprentice

I have exact same issue. Never again will I buy Netgear, this is insane.
Message 24 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

What mobile platforms are you using? If Apple, be sure to disable WiFi Private IP Address Limit IP Address Tracking and iCloud Private Relay on the iPhone or iPad.

@MB_Love wrote:
I have exact same issue. Never again will I buy Netgear, this is insane.

Message 25 of 114
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7