Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App completely not working

richsadams
Star

Re: Orbi App completely went to sh*t

I am also having the exact same issue with my Orbi AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System (RBK754) on the exact same date as the OP and several others here. Both wired and WiFi networks are working fine. The Orbi router RBR750 is working normally and two satellites are working normally.

The Orbi app shows the RBR750 with a grey dot but both Orbi satellites show green dots as usual.

The app message: "Unable to connect"/"Try again" continues to show up no matter what actions have been taken including rebooting the RBR750, the cable modem, etc.

All iOS settings are checked and correct.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the Orbi app and it now longer finds any WiFi - although as mentioned, it's all working normally.

No settings on the iPhone, Orbi or the cable broadband were changed in the past few months. The Orbi app just stopped recognizing the Orbi RBR750.

Seems unlikely that we all would be running into the exact same issue at the exact same time. It sounds more likely to be a Netgear issue with their app IMHO.

Message 51 of 114
js31pilot
Tutor

Spending close to $1000 on a system where the app can’t connect through no fault of your own - imagine 🤣
I have a feeling ALL systems are affected because most people don’t mess with their system through their app once set up. I do all the time due to parental controls.
Message 52 of 114
richsadams
Star

Agreed. I've set up networks both at home, for our church, etc. for years using both Netgear and D-Link routers and switches with no problem. Orbi's mesh system seems to work well when it's working, but Netgear's attention to detail on the UI side leaves a lot to be desired. 

I noted that it wanted to perform a firmware update but it couldn't since it wouldn't connect with the router. Now that it won't connect to anything, I don't know if the update would have helped or not. 

Flat disappointed.

Message 53 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

The linked in formation is to help work around the issue and a temp work around for users using the Orbi app on Apple devices. 

NG is aware of the issue and seem to be working on it. In meantime users and try the linked information. If not, you'll need to be patient. 

User should still be able to access the RBRs web page using a wireless or wire connected PC or laptop. 

IF anyone i having problems accessing the RBRs web page, try a factory reset and setup from scratch with a wired PC or laptop.

@MB_Love wrote:
It’s NOT Apple!! It’s Netgear!!!

Message 54 of 114
MB_Love
Apprentice

I can no access router via PC or desktop.
Message 55 of 114
richsadams
Star

Good to know @FURRYe38, 👍 However I am also unable to connect to the Orbi router's RBR web page with a PC or Mac via the IP 192.168.1.1, www.orbilogin.net or http://orbilogin.com in any browser, wirelessly or with a direct connection ("Connection refused"), or with the Orbi app. Factory reset did not resolve this.

Message 56 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

So disconnecting the WAN port n the router from the ISP modem, pressing the reset button for 15 seconds then release. Clear out all browser caches, Launch a browser to 192.168.1.1 fails to bring up the setup wizard? 

What browser are you using? Happens in MS Edge, Firefox or Opera? 

@richsadams wrote:

Good to know @FURRYe38, 👍 However I am also unable to connect to the Orbi router's RBR web page with a PC or Mac via the IP 192.168.1.1, www.orbilogin.net or http://orbilogin.com in any browser, wirelessly or with a direct connection ("Connection refused"), or with the Orbi app. Factory reset did not resolve this.

Message 57 of 114
richsadams
Star

Correct. Disconnecting everything using the pin reset to factory, still won't it allow the Orbi RBR750 to connect; "Connection refused". CAT6 direct connection from HP PC and iMac to the Orbi router. Cleared cache on all browsers. Tried "Private" and "Incognito" browser modes as well. PC using Edge, Firefox and Chrome. iMac using Safari, Firefox and Chrome. 

The confusing thing is that no settings were changed recently. No updates, nothing unusual happened. It just stopped communicating for some reason.

Message 58 of 114
MB_Love
Apprentice

TY for letting us know a factory reset may actual brick your Orbi- so sorry.  Netgear better get ready for a class action, these devices are not cheap!  From the volume of posts I’ve seen, it’s effecting most users (and those of us who log in regularly are first to discover).

Message 59 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you accessing the routers web page using HTTPS or HTTP and connecting to 192.168.1.1? Try using HTTP if your browser is changing to HTTPS. A factory reset and setup from scratch maybe needed with a wired PC and web browser using HTTP.

@richsadams wrote:

Correct. Disconnecting everything using the pin reset to factory, still won't it allow the Orbi RBR750 to connect; "Connection refused". CAT6 direct connection from HP PC and iMac to the Orbi router. Cleared cache on all browsers. Tried "Private" and "Incognito" browser modes as well. PC using Edge, Firefox and Chrome. iMac using Safari, Firefox and Chrome. 

The confusing thing is that no settings were changed recently. No updates, nothing unusual happened. It just stopped communicating for some reason.

Message 60 of 114
richsadams
Star

Neither http://192.168.1.1 or https://192.168.1.1 or any of the other access URLs work with any browser on PC or Mac. Factory reset and setup from scratch did not work.

I'm using Comcast's Xfinity router for the time being.

Message 61 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you press the reset button for at least 15 seconds then release? 

Does a wired Pc get a IP address from the RBR after the router comes to ready? 

Hmmm I set my 7 series back to v13 yesterday. Let it update over night to v.2 at 1AM this morning. I was able to get in to both web page and Orbi app with Private Address and IP tracking disabled on my iphone. 

@richsadams wrote:

Neither http://192.168.1.1 or https://192.168.1.1 or any of the other access URLs work with any browser on PC or Mac. Factory reset and setup from scratch did not work.

I'm using Comcast's Xfinity router for the time being.

Message 62 of 114
richsadams
Star

I've been installing networks and resetting routers (although rarely until the Orbi) for years. Can build a PC from scratch. Not my first rodeo. 

Glad you got yours to behave and I do appreciate your attempts to help. 👍 No system should require these kinds of work arounds and attention to operate though. Very disappointing.

Message 63 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Same here man. Fully understand. Hoping NG can get this all fixed soon. 

Message 64 of 114
js31pilot
Tutor

I did a 30-30-30 reset of my Orbi to try to fix the issue.  This did not work and I had to do another 15 second factory reset for the app to recognize the Orbi.

Of course I had to set up all parental control profiles for my kids as well......fun.

Finally working again due to no fault of my own........

Message 65 of 114
Rmalibu
Star

Orbi app not connecting to router but Wi-Fi working

Does anyone know if netgear aware of this problem and working on a fix?

Message 66 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI for Apple device users;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Others have reported doing a factory reset and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser first on the RBR, once it's setup, try accessing with the Orbi app. 

@Rmalibu wrote:

Orbi app not connecting to router but Wi-Fi working

Does anyone know if netgear aware of this problem and working on a fix?

Message 67 of 114
dckiwi
Guide

“ User should still be able to access the RBRs web page using a wireless or wire connected PC or laptop.”

Incorrect, at least for me and several others on this thread. Web interface is unreachable.

Message 68 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you press the reset button for 15 seconds then release and connect 1 wired PC to the back of the RBR with the RBR disconnected from the ISP modem then after the front LED blinks WHITE, try to access the RBRs web page at HTTP and 192.168.1.1 in MS Edge, Firefox or Opera?

@dckiwi wrote:
“ User should still be able to access the RBRs web page using a wireless or wire connected PC or laptop.”

Incorrect, at least for me and several others on this thread. Web interface is unreachable.

Message 69 of 114
MB_Love
Apprentice

Can’t access wired either!!
Message 70 of 114
DaveTwoOh
Initiate

Yup, same here.  Doesn't work on a hardwired PC using a web browser,  doesn't work on iPhone app. Doesn't work anywhere.

Wifi and all systems work fine, just can't access admin interface.  This is pretty pathetic.

I noticed this about a week or so ago like everyone else on this thread.

Message 71 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

For users that can't access the routers web page after a factory reset, you'll need to make contact with NG support and get help there:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Good Luck. 

Message 72 of 114
MB_Love
Apprentice

And pay them to fix what they broke!!! Seriously we should start a class action suit- these systems were not cheap and it’s probably effect in thousands of users.

Message 73 of 114
dckiwi
Guide

I'm not sure why this has been accepted as a solution, given that it only applies to mobile devices and the Orbi app.

There are many of us on this thread who can't access the internal Web interface from any device (Mac, PC, etc.).

Message 74 of 114
Jamaldnb
Guide

Same, purchased a new system after a firmware update bricked my RB50 system (only 5 years old) and was told to buy a new one from net gear. Got the RB752 and had a hell of a time setting it up. Then suddenly can’t access it from the app, ethernet or wireless from any access point. Called NG tech support and was told it’s a known issue and to hold tight lol and try to regain access periodically with no end date. I have 30 days to return this unit and switch brands, which I may do if this keeps up. I see I’m not the only one in net-gear purgatory
Message 75 of 114
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7