Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App completely not working

Rmalibu
Star

Re: Can’t find router

I would email support and start a ticket and go from there  they will get your router info so they hopefully can send the fix to your specific router. 

Message 101 of 114
Ginamay
Initiate

Re: Orbi App completely not working

Someone suggested to unplug it for 5 mins and wait 5min booting up, did that & can now log back into the app. Although some things aren’t functioning correctly. So for someone to escalate this issue or write up a ticket to support, I’m guessing you need to have paid subscription for tech support if yours expired right?
Message 102 of 114
Rmalibu
Star

No I had recently upgraded my orbi but just went to their support page and emailed them and they responded with in a couple of hours. Try supportcase@netgear.com. Or just go to their support page at netgear.com

Message 103 of 114
Rmalibu
Star

Once orbi app working and armor trial ending if one purchases armor it also says to protect some devices bitfender will accept that one has to download the Bitdefender app. If armor reportedly protects connected devices why need for adding bitdefender

Message 104 of 114
Nopeynope
Star

I've had the same BS issues with my RBR750 for the last year and a half. I promised myself last time I'd had enough. And now, here we are again.

No automatic updates have been pushed to fix my exact same issue as described in OP

I'm terrified to restart the router because I know I'll end up bricking (again) and have to do a new setup from scratch.

Netgear needs to stop pushing BS update after BS update without fully testing.

Can't contact support unless you pay for it. Absolute horse $#&@.

Actively looking to replace this system now.
Message 105 of 114
elufkin
Guide

I messaged Christine the serial number on my router and waited a few days for the push. Restarted my router and my app works again like before but I still can't access http://192.168.1.1/start.htm 

Message 106 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you on? 

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser at HTTP and 192.168.1.1. DO this with the RBR disconnected from the ISP modem first. 

@elufkin wrote:

I messaged Christine the serial number on my router and waited a few days for the push. Restarted my router and my app works again like before but I still can't access http://192.168.1.1/start.htm 

Message 107 of 114
mellio
Aspirant

Same here.  Only after telling Customer Support I wasn't paying for their help, I DID do the factory reset.  And now it's not working at all.  Says it isn't connected to the internet rendering it useless.  What a screwup.  They goof this up and want me to pay $200 for them to tell me it's a widespread issue?  No thanks.  And now I've got nothing.

Message 108 of 114
Nopeynope
Star

I did it. Finally. Unplugged router and 2 satellites and ain't even trying to resell. Too many issues over the last 2 years.

Replacing with a couple bad ass ASUS routers vi a AI mesh.

I would consider coming back to the orbi platform if someone can promise me the newer /updated units don't have these BS issues.
Message 109 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you factory reset and setup from scratch using a Wired PC and web browser at 192.168.1.1? 

Happen to know what FW is loaded on the RBS and RBR? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

@mellio wrote:

Same here.  Only after telling Customer Support I wasn't paying for their help, I DID do the factory reset.  And now it's not working at all.  Says it isn't connected to the internet rendering it useless.  What a screwup.  They goof this up and want me to pay $200 for them to tell me it's a widespread issue?  No thanks.  And now I've got nothing.

Message 110 of 114
mellio
Aspirant

Aaaaaand I just found the solution.  Please share with whoever needs it.

The problem was Apple's (new-ish) "private WiFi" setting.  Mine was on.  I turned it off, went through the Orbi setup for the 800th time, and it's working perfectly.

You turn it off by choosing your WifFi network .... clicking on the "i" (information) button ... and toggling off private WiFi.

Hopefully a future Netgear/Orbi update will fix it.

Message 111 of 114

@mellio wrote:

The problem was Apple's (new-ish) "private WiFi" setting.  Mine was on.  I turned it off, went through the Orbi setup for the 800th time, and it's working perfectly.

Not another one. This one has reached epidemic proportions.

Message 112 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Has been mentioned here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

These are Apple features. Not NG features. 

Also be aware:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-Web-Page-and-Orbi-app-Access-Status/td-p/2223085/jump...

@mellio wrote:

Aaaaaand I just found the solution.  Please share with whoever needs it.

You turn it off by choosing your WifFi network .... clicking on the "i" (information) button ... and toggling off private WiFi.

Hopefully a future Netgear/Orbi update will fix it.

Message 113 of 114

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Has been mentioned here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Great. That's the linl to remember.

These are Apple features. Not NG features. 

That does not mean that Netgear cannot write apps that deal with the issue. Lots of things are outside of Netgear's domain, but it has to find ways of making its stuff work with them.

That's what the whole  IFTTT and Alexa caper is all about.

The world moves on and Netgear has to adapt.

Message 114 of 114
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7